Author Topic: Exclusions don't work  (Read 8005 times)

Culpeper

Exclusions don't work
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:42:05 PM »
Excluding a directory doesn't work in the GUI.   Why is the firewall allowing port 25 but blocking the email service in the Avast GUI?   

You guys are never going to have a finished product if it takes days to get a response on reported issues.   Why should I keep it on my box if there is no motivation? [emphasis added].  I think I will just use what works and moveon.org.

Dublin

Re: Exclusions don't work
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »
I'm very sorry, Culpeper, but I'm occupied with finishing avast! mail filtering pluggin for avast4server now. I'll be free next week.

Culpeper

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 01:50:21 AM »
Okay, sorry to sound curt but I'm like the only user, other than Tech, that is interested in seeing a workable program.   :)

You guys have a good GUI and scanner.  It just needs some testing.  Please keep the forum posted when you are not available for support like you did here.   This way we know the project is still a going concern for Avast and I will be patient and so forth.  Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 04:00:01 AM »
Okay, sorry to sound curt but I'm like the only user, other than Tech, that is interested in seeing a workable program.   :)
Well, in fact Vlk (which is on vacations  8)) let me a lot of work of translating the ADNM version of avast...  :-*
Right now, I can't manage Linux version and it will stay to when my vacations finished I think...
Indeed, the Linux translation will have to wait too  :-\
Sorry Culpeper, I only will be able to help more by the middle of February...
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 06:23:14 PM »
Not a problem ;)  I have F-Prot in the meantime.  It isn't like Linux is prone to virus and malware. 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »
Not a problem ;)  I have F-Prot in the meantime.  It isn't like Linux is prone to virus and malware. 
Is F-Prot giving you on-access (resident) protection on Linux or just on-demand like avast?
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 01:31:57 AM »
No F-prot is just a scanner.  You really don't need to be scanning files on-access with Linux.  You really don't need a virus scanner at all with Linux.  I just use it because I'm a Windows user and need the security blanket.  Hardcore Linux users don't like the whole virus scanner thing and if they do they will demand you use Clam AV because it is open-source.  But my email server uses Clam so I use something different to scan email.

BTW, Grisoft AVG has come out with a GUI based Linux scanner.  DO NOT try and install it.  They want you to register it only the entire installation provides nothing in the way of registration and you end up with a crippled AVG.  It's not worth the hassle.   Even the GUI will not clean or delete a detected virus.  Avast will at least attempt to do something with a bad file.

Look at YOU!  15,000+ posts!  Man, you're insane!  They need to put you on the payroll :o
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:38:23 AM by Culpeper »

Dublin

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 04:08:57 PM »
Excluding a directory in the GUI version has been fixed.
Thx for help.