Author Topic: Safe Zone not Safe  (Read 2723 times)

REDACTED

Safe Zone not Safe
« on: May 04, 2016, 06:24:53 AM »
Had a client use Safe Zone to go to Chase.com and got a popup with a warning say there is a security concern on this page and to call this phone number: 1-855-816-4648   

Searching on that number returns results indicating they are probably hackers trying to scam people... So i thought maybe the clients computer might be infected.   I used my own system to go to Chase.com using Safe Zone and got the same suspicious popup.   

So it seems that the Safe Zone Browser is not very safe as I get no such popups using IE, Firefox or Chrome on either machine.

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
Re: Safe Zone not Safe
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »
these popups are usually adverts. can you run a scan with malwarebytes please. It seems strange that you didn't get it on other browsers too. Please can you run a scan with malwarebytes. also can you provide a screenshot or photo of the message that you received so that I can confirm. Instructions for how to take screenshots can be found here ---> http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Link & instructions for Malware Bytes -
1. Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free: https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/
2. Once download is finished, double-click on mbam-setup.exe file to start the installation process and then follow the prompts to install this product.
3. On the "Scan" tab, select Threat scan and then click on the "Start Scan" button to start scanning your computer for any possible infections.
4. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will start scanning your computer for any malicious files.
5. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
6. You will be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has found on your computer.
Make sure all the infected objects are Checked (Ticked) for removal and then click on the Remove Selected button to remove them.

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
Re: Safe Zone not Safe
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »
I just tested chase.com and received no message. its strange both you and your client received the same message. I suspect that, if you are the IT admin of the client, maybe some freeware you both have installed some adware.