Author Topic: Safe Zone Browser problem  (Read 5069 times)

Offline stibi

Safe Zone Browser problem
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:24:39 AM »
Hi,

I try to use Safe Zone Browser for banking.
I started Safe Zone Browser and connected to 2 accounts - suddenly the browser freezes and doesn't react to any of my actions.
Try to kill the browser with Win-7 task manager which always works in such situations: also no reaction.
Task manager shows 2 Avast safe zone applications, and "close task" doesn't work. I cannot stop Safe Zone Browser running.

When I try to stop a single process I get a message "access denied".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:29:11 AM by stibi »

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
Re: Safe Zone Browser problem
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
have you tried rebooting your machine? I suspect you might still be in Paymode.

Please reboot your machine, and then I would suggest you perform a Repair&Update of your Avast, to ensure any minor issues are resolved, please can you follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (Programs and Features, Add or Remove Programs) > Avast > Click on "Uninstall/Change" > Repair
2. After the repair, please make sure that you have the most recent version of Avast - 2016.11.2.2262.
To do that, please open Avast and go to > SETTINGS > Update > Program > Update and update your Virus definitions as well.
3. Restart your computer.

Offline stibi

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:33:49 PM »
No paymode.
No repair necessary after reboot.
Avast is actual.

Safe Zone Browser works at this moment.

@Eddy - thanks for changing the sub forum ;-)

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 11:32:25 PM »
excellent! thanks for letting me know! also I moved it to the Safezone group ;)

Offline David743

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 04:10:14 AM »
Hi Steven,
Continuing this thread since it seems relevant to my problem. Using XP SP3 with Pro Antivirus v 2262. Whenever I use SZ, it becomes impossible to shut down XP because SZ cannot be stopped. Also, tray icon becomes inactive. Only way out is to power down. Similarly with Secure Line. This has gone on for a few weeks but now I have to fix it. Carried out repair as your reply above but no change. Otherwise, everything works OK. Would very much appreciate any assistance.

have you tried rebooting your machine? I suspect you might still be in Paymode.

Please reboot your machine, and then I would suggest you perform a Repair&Update of your Avast, to ensure any minor issues are resolved, please can you follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (Programs and Features, Add or Remove Programs) > Avast > Click on "Uninstall/Change" > Repair
2. After the repair, please make sure that you have the most recent version of Avast - 2016.11.2.2262.
To do that, please open Avast and go to > SETTINGS > Update > Program > Update and update your Virus definitions as well.
3. Restart your computer.