Author Topic: [Bug] SecureLine running without permission  (Read 3829 times)

REDACTED

[Bug] SecureLine running without permission
« on: May 07, 2016, 01:47:50 AM »
SecureLine running without permission - After the reboot for the 12.1.2263 update - I now see a new systray app I DID NOT authorize:

In Tools I have ALL the optional tools OFF - Disabled - including SecureLine VPN... (see attachments)
YET - now in this version, after reboot - I have a NEW system tray app added, showing with a little red x, right-clicking states: 'Open Avast SecureLine' Connect, Disconnect, and 'Getting Started'.  Clicking Open appears to open the main app with the SecureLine page.  Clicking Getting Started opens a window with a forever spinning loading - maybe since it's disabled it just sits there... Regardless - this app should NOT be in my system tray - AND I can find no way to stop it.

THIS IS an application, optional feature now partially running - showing in the system tray DESPITE being disabled in Avast settings... Technically - this app is now using system resources.

I find it extremely offensive and intrusive to see an application now installed and running OTHER than what I choose to run.
Looking in Task Manager Startup and Services - I see NOTHING related to SecureLine or VPN - suggestive of this application - which implies it is a hidden app - like a Rootkit??? WHY is this 'feature' not run as it's own Avast sub-app?
It would appear to be a part of the main app - to make optional features a part of the main application is WRONG.
I do not like anything running on my system without my permission.

Please FIX this - THERE is no Option to Exit this app or disable it from it's own window.
This bothers me to the point of nearly wanting to UNINSTALL Avast!

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: [Bug] SecureLine running without permission
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:57:36 AM »
Hi,
 please try to restart PC, some of the elements are fully disabled after restart..

Thx

Offline HK

• Avast team
Re: [Bug] SecureLine running without permission
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
Hi mnswiftone,

you can simply remove SecureLine via Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. Just select avast, click change and uncheck SecureLine option in setup window.

Best regards,
HK