Author Topic: Avast error in NetworkService folder  (Read 4677 times)

kwg

Avast error in NetworkService folder
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »
In recent days, this sequence of error messages has been appearing in my Avast log, approximately once per day:

Code: [Select]
[SBS2003]: AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of C:\DOCUME~1\NETWOR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PxB289F.tmp failed, 0000A477.

[SBS2003]: ODBC function SQLConfigDataSource() failed. Error description: Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed.

[SBS2003]: ODBC function SQLConfigDataSource() failed. Error description: Could not write to the registry.

The file referred to in the first error varies from day to day, but it's always in this directory:

Code: [Select]
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp
If I browse to this directory in Windows Explorer and then click the icon for the offending .tmp file, Windows Explorer hangs and I need to reboot the server. After rebooting, I find that these three Avast errors have been logged again. The timestamp on the errors reflects the time that I clicked the icon in Windows Explorer.

What's happening?

Ken

kwg

Re: Avast error in NetworkService folder
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:01:39 AM »
This problem seems to have been resolved with the VPS 0602-3 update on 2006/01/13. It has not recurred since then.

Ken

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Avast error in NetworkService folder
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 10:37:11 PM »
Thanks. It's avast scanning it's own temp files. In the next build (due in about 1-2 weeks), this should be improved.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.