Author Topic: Help - which edition?  (Read 3633 times)

buzzard73

Help - which edition?
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:44:22 AM »
Hey "guys!"

My wife and I have used the free Home Edition for several years now; however, we need counsel as to which edition we should use for the business. We work for a small business (two computers w/Windows XP). They are networked together with the main computer being used as the server. We just want anti-virus software. Please advise and thanks from Wyoming, USA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Help - which edition?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 03:11:53 AM »
I think two licenses of the Professional version would be enough... locally installed in each computer  ;)
Well, you've used avast! for years and only now discovered the forums?  :o
Better late than never  ;D
Welcome  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Help - which edition?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 03:27:33 PM »
If your computer use/configuration is going to be the same, e.g. "They are networked together with the main computer being used as the server" you mentioned.

If you are able to use the Home version in this configuration (e.g. it currently has stand alone version of avast on the computer being used as a server) then you would only need two Pro licenses as Tech mentions.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security