Author Topic: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings  (Read 10554 times)

REDACTED

Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« on: May 16, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »
Since Friday last week, all clients settings are resetting to default.
No matter what I set on the administration portal, selecting templates for group or for single client, all settings seems to be randomly forgotten.
I have tried all, from deleting and reinstalling client, to remove and insert again client Pc on administration portal, without success.
In a couple of cases, reinstalling the client, was the solution until I restarted PC, then again all setting were lost.
On administrative Portal, Avast tell me it is all ok, but probably there is no communication with client application...

Is someone experiencing the same problem?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:45:55 AM by Stefano58 »

REDACTED

Re: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »
Update
======
Well, I can confirm the bug again; 10 minutes ago Avast client do it wrong and deleted a legitimate program (inserted in exclusion list) from a client PC.
On administration portal there isn't any notice about this (wrong positive) virus removal, nor did I receive any email notification.

This PC is in another office of us, so I exclude the problem is from our side, it's an Avast bug.

I hope Avast tech people can quick find a solution....

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:15:47 PM »
It seems like I'm having the same issue. If I deactivate the agents on a computer, I don't get a notification on the portal. And the exclusion lists are not propagated correctly.

I hope they can fix it soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »
I am also seeing this issue.  Avast has confirmed a bug with that last update on May 2nd but has no other info.

Offline Freenhult

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 07:40:09 PM »
I had the same issue. Friday most computers have lost connection to their templates. This is pretty rough, considering that I've had to add exclusions to paths in the templates to let legacy programs work. Also, the templates disable the email sig, among a few other tweaks. Overall it hasn't boned us, but its pretty annoying to manually change settings on 25 computers. I've also noticed that I scheduled a Virus Scan for the weekend. About half the computers completed the scan, the other half couldn't be contacted. I'm pretty sure the clients that can't be contacted are ALL the same ones that lost templates.

Not sure what to do with that information though...

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »
I'm seeing the same issue - the client is ignoring the portal settings.  Exclusions are ignored, and disabled services are enabled.

Offline ClayL

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:41:15 PM »
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your feedback and letting us know of this most recent bug. I wanted to let you know we(support) has escalated this to the PMs and Devs, and hope to have a hotfix release for this soon.

Possible workaround is to disable the web/file shields and restore the FP to see if this resolves your problem until fix is release. You can also add the exclusion on the client directly.

Feed back is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Avast For Business Support Team

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
12 hours ago (16.5.2016 8:30 PM CET) have been released uUpdate AUUP-138 solving the issue. The "Avast Business Console Client Antivirus Service" (bccavsvc) were stopped due to crashes after applying previous uUpdate for AV core.

If you still facing the problem please check if bccavsvc service is running and the file version is 11.2.2738.0

The service is responsible for all communication between Avast AV service and cloud connector.

We improved our tests & release process to prevent this issue happen in future. Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 09:53:20 AM »
LOL:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=186425.0

Also already had a conversation with support about this one. My conclusion also was and is: has to be a bug then.

This is getting to a point that I will go on testing the next Product. Even though I like avast basic functionality but all those Cloud overhead is simply causing more trouble than good. Avast Business-Cloud is very often not trusted for being a free software (which misses the point I think) but on the other If i would pay for every Workstation (and not just several servers) I would definitely want my money back at this point. This needs a revamp from the ground up (I don't mean the interface, but the functionality)

Maybe I could stick with it in for an fire-forget 5 seat SOHO but you definitely can't responsibly administer a bigger structure, sorry.

regards

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »
12 hours ago (16.5.2016 8:30 PM CET) have been released uUpdate AUUP-138 solving the issue. The "Avast Business Console Client Antivirus Service" (bccavsvc) were stopped due to crashes after applying previous uUpdate for AV core.

If you still facing the problem please check if bccavsvc service is running and the file version is 11.2.2738.0

The service is responsible for all communication between Avast AV service and cloud connector.

We improved our tests & release process to prevent this issue happen in future. Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Well, glad you fixed it!
But I have just tried to manually update the software on a Client Pc, and I receive the message that no software update is available; so my question is, should we dowload the client again from the portal in order to receive this last update?

Thanks in advance

Offline Freenhult

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:20 PM »

Still not seeing the update on any machine in deployment. Please advise, can confirm the suggested service was offline. I have activated it on my personal machine, hoping to see it sync up with templates.

Offline Arch2

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 10:30:49 PM »
Please make sure the virus definitions are up to date. The fix was released within it. Thanks.

http://prntscr.com/b53svw

Offline Freenhult

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »
Update just became available around 2:30pm Mountain. I had checked multiple times today, waiting for new definitions to sink in.

Edit 4:42pm Mountain -

Definitions are still reporting version 160517-3. Forcing download, comes back with "Already Up to date". No prompt for a reboot or anything...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:43:43 AM by Freenhult »

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 09:23:20 AM »
UPDATE
=======

All ok, now  :)

Client are syncing with cloud portal, applying templates and exclusions and I have started to receive again Avast notifications posted to my email address.

Some Clients updates themselves independently (asking to restart machine) but for others, where bccavsvc service (Avast Business Console Client Antivirus Service) was not running, it was necessary to start it manually, then to enter Windows Control panel, Programs and Features, select Avast, Remove and then selecting repair from Avast UI instead.

This operation quick downloaded the latest updates from internet.

After these simple steps, all clients are working again.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 12:02:47 PM »
I wonder if that bug has something to do with the problem I am having for months.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=183091.msg1292888#msg1292888

File version I have is 10.4.2509.324
Will the new version run on a non SSE2 system ?