Author Topic: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings  (Read 10669 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Freenhult

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 11:47:08 PM »
Most of our computers this morning pulled the update and asked to be restarted. A vast majority are still not catching the templates. I followed the advice above bu repairing multiple installations, but no dice. Any other suggestions?

REDACTED

  • Guest
Re: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »
Most of our computers this morning pulled the update and asked to be restarted. A vast majority are still not catching the templates. I followed the advice above bu repairing multiple installations, but no dice. Any other suggestions?

Did you check if Avast Business Console Client Antivirus Service aka bccavsvc is running?
If not, you have to start it manually; I did this step before starting to "repair" installations.

Offline Freenhult

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
Yes, after the repair it just disables itself again. :/

REDACTED

  • Guest
Re: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 05:13:09 PM »
Yes, after the repair it just disables itself again. :/

If I where you, I would try to delete (try on a single client PC) a client PC from the portal, then completely uninstall Avast from it.

After that, you can download Avast ex novo and reactivate the client PC to see if the problem goes away.

I did it before latest patch announcement and it works in some cases.

good luck  :D

Offline Freenhult

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Solved: Lost Client exclusions and settings
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »
Yes, after the repair it just disables itself again. :/

If I where you, I would try to delete (try on a single client PC) a client PC from the portal, then completely uninstall Avast from it.

After that, you can download Avast ex novo and reactivate the client PC to see if the problem goes away.

I did it before latest patch announcement and it works in some cases.

good luck  :D

Thanks, I probably need to reboot this machine too, but dealing with some fires so hard to just reboot in the middle of checkdisks ;) Worst-case, I'll reinstall.