Author Topic: Comodo Firewall (Help?)  (Read 14524 times)

Staind

Comodo Firewall (Help?)
« on: January 14, 2006, 07:16:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm currently using Comodo Firewall - I'm asking this in the Avast! forums since several users know how to use it - how do I setup port forwarding to allow programs like Azureus, etc. the proper port forwarding?  (Azureus is a common bittorrent client).  I set the application to be trusted, but Azureus still gets a NAT error.   I disabled the firewall, and the error went away.

..::ReVaN::..

Re: Comodo Firewall (Help?)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 11:26:17 AM »
If you figure it out please tell me...I am also having troubles with Comodo not allowing proper access to Azureus.I contacted Comodo's tech support and i will let you know if i learn anything new.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 11:28:36 AM by ..::ReVaN::.. »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »
Hi Miha,

Oh oho..The Nat error, some get the yellow all the time. It is the quitessential problem for Azureus, it is just a question of using portrange 53000-63000 instead of the default, and make sure that you have got these portrange forwarded on your router and through your FW, and have both TCP & UDP enabled.
If you have the linksys router, type in 192.168.1.1. I guess, and your default password is 'admin' if I grasped that/ without the quotation marks, so go to applications and gaming and then forward the ports you need.

greets,

polonus aka D
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 02:59:05 PM »
Hi Miha,

Oh oho..The Nat error, some get the yellow all the time. It is the quitessential problem for Azureus, it is just a question of using portrange 53000-63000 instead of the default, and make sure that you have got these portrange forwarded on your router and through your FW, and have both TCP & UDP enabled.
If you have the linksys router, type in 192.168.1.1. I guess, and your default password is 'admin' if I grasped that/ without the quotation marks, so go to applications and gaming and then forward the ports you need.

greets,

polonus aka D

Thanks for trying to help Damian but i really know my router very well and i know how to set up Azureus properly in my router, i have it port forwarded (not on the deafult 6881-6889 trojan and hacker popular ports) in my Linksys wrt54g v2.2.I am not using the 192.168.1.1 ip's for the router and definitely not using the default password(which is admin with linksys) ;) So that's for the router.... In Comodo i have it set up to allow the proper processes access to the net(javaw.exe).I know how to set up these things but Comodo seems to have a problem with Azureus.As soon as i close Comodo down(switch to low security) i get all green in Azureus again.Really weird as i am 110% sure i have everything properly set up....

cheers

Mikey
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 03:05:26 PM by ..::ReVaN::.. »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 03:57:20 PM »
Hi ReVaN,

I knew you were able enough to try all sort of solutions to solve this NAT error thing. Know you know your protoclols and integers by heart.  ;Do you think it is an Enable/Disable Internal Nat redirection problem? Is it remote interference? Certainly not from a HID (human interface device)? ;D Could this do something to it: http://www.download-by.net/servers/firewall-and-proxy-servers/43433,netcom.html
Just trying to be helpful. I'm as interested as you are in the crux of this problem to expose it.

It can also be a BAD ISP problem, your provider may limit bandwidth while they are opposed to FileSharing. Policies change, like for instance considering Ping Sweeps. In the old days, before 2003 never a big thing, now almost seen as a criminal offense, especially in Western Countries. Look here for info on bandwidth NAT errors: http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Internet_service_providers_that_do_not_like_file_sharing
. Funny because some providers have their own filesahring facilities to lure new users. It is a thing like some people are more equal than others or we decide what is good for ye.

polonus

« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 06:21:29 PM by polonus »

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »
Hi ReVaN,

I knew you were able enough to try all sort of solutions to solve this NAT error thing. Know you know your protoclols and integers by heart. ;Do you think it is an Enable/Disable Internal Nat redirection problem? Is it remote interference? Certainly not from a HID (human interface device)? ;D Could this do something to it: http://www.download-by.net/servers/firewall-and-proxy-servers/43433,netcom.html
Just trying to be helpful. I'm as interested as you are in the crux of this problem to expose it.

polonus

Hi Polonus!

Yes i know you are just trying to be helpful....It's just that this is really frustrating and everybody keeps telling me i don't know how to properly set up my router and nonsense like that, i just hope Comodo's Tech support can give us some more clues on this subject.I will give the guy at Comodo's tech support the link to this thread so that he can read and understand this problem a little better and i won't have to write another kilometer long email to him(and in the end i would probably get a reply back to check my routers settings ::) ).To tell you the truth i don't know what to think about this problem anymore... I'll try a couple things and let you know what i find out.
I'll make some screenshots also.

cheers

Mikey

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 06:48:59 PM »
Hi Miha,

I know you will not be satisfied without an answer and a solid understanding of the underlaying problem. And I know that you will solve it, and have created a solution for the community.
You are Capricorn and you wont rest until you are succesful, especially on your birthday. Many happy returns of the day, Miha.

polonus

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
Hi Miha,

I know you will not be satisfied without an answer and a solid understanding of the underlaying problem. And I know that you will solve it, and have created a solution for the community.
You are Capricorn and you wont rest until you are succesful, especially on your birthday. Many happy returns of the day, Miha.

polonus

You know me well my friend.I won't be able to sleep tight until this is resolved.

Anyway here are the screenshots i promised.

Settings in Comodo(note: Azureus connects trough javaw.exe since it's Java based):

Click on the small picture to see a bigger image

The problem in Azureus(this is a screenshot from the NAT\firewall test in Azureus with Comodo running on the above settings):

This is the same test with Comodo disabled:

Cheers

Mikey

timcan

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 09:45:35 PM »
ReVan, do you have alerts turned on in the network control rules DENY/IN ? Maybe this will give an idea to what comodo is turning away.Just a thought. btw happy birthday.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »
ReVan, do you have alerts turned on in the network control rules DENY/IN ? Maybe this will give an idea to what comodo is turning away.Just a thought. btw happy birthday.

Thanks! Alerts turned on? Yes i am getting the pop ups from Comodo if that is what you mean...Check my screenshots and you'll see everything is properly set up.Now i have to say i am having the exact same problem(Comodo blocking my incoming connections from the internet) with my FileZilla FTP server too! This is really getting me annoyed....I did a unninstall\reinstall of the program and still the same, removed the rules from Comodo started Azureus and answered ALLOW to all the pop ups.Still nothing.

EDIT: Ohhhhh stupid me i just realized what you are telling me hehe(new to Comodo and still figuring it out) Well i'll try to turn the alerts on in DENY/IN rule and see what Comodo says then.

Cheers

Mikey
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 10:00:18 PM by ..::ReVaN::.. »

timcan

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 10:02:34 PM »
ReVan ,not pop ups. see pic ,turn on alerts in deny /in.

timcan

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »
I just noticed your EDIT. ::)

neal62

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 10:09:35 PM »
Revan,

I am using Comodo version 1.1.5 I believe. I am also using a V.O.I.P. Amateur Radio program. I recently got a Linksys router. After getting the router my V.O.I.P. would not work. Did what I know to do with the router still no luck. ONLY after lowering the security on Comodo to the "Low" setting which I did and then my V.O.I.P. started working. I can get one or two transmissisons using this program with the Comodo security setting set back to custom. Then I have to lower the firewall setting back to low and everything works. Don't know if this is somehow related to your problem using the program/s your using but thought I would mention it to you.
neal

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 10:12:04 PM »
There i got over 2000+ alerts as soon as i fired up NAT/firewall test in Azureus.Well you know what i did now?I switched the network rule IN from DENY to ALLOW and now it works.If i understand this correctly what i did was i allowed all incoming connections now.Correct? But one thing puzzles me, then why is the OUT rule set up for ALLOW on default and the IN rule set up for DENY?

timcan

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
Not sure I can answer that,but I believe it is not wise to leave it this way.I know with the deny/in rule comodo filters a lot of tcp in stuff.Somewhere in the comodo thread I've posted pics of this.I wonder if you could not make a network rule just for whatever port this program needs.