Author Topic: Grimefighter doesn't let my windows startup  (Read 4560 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter doesn't let my windows startup
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:59:11 PM »
Hello,
I have purchased Grime fighter some 2 years ago and it didnt worked and i had got refund too. From yesterday suddenly my computer is booting grime fighter again and i have uninstall every Avast products from my pc and there was no grime fighter but suddenly there is now from yesterday and it is not letting to boot my laptop. All my keys ( along with functions keys ) are not working and it stuck for several hours.  what should i do ? seems like my pc is broken my this crap software from Avast.  I am too frustrate now

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Grimefighter doesn't let my windows startup
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:03:26 PM »
and i have uninstall every Avast products from my pc
must have done a bad uninstall job then....

Can you boot in safe mode?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:09:55 PM »
I cannot do anything, all my functions keys are disabled when grime starts. I cannot even go to boot options by pressing f10, f11 keys.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 06:16:37 AM »
Check the boot order in your BIOS.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »
yes but no function keys works to go to bios option. Grime fighter disables everything .......................

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 08:51:03 AM »
GF can't stop you from going into BIOS, you just need to press the right key.
Did you try "Del" yet..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »
- Boot from a live cd/dvd
- Change boot.ini (remove Grimefighter and set Windows to load as default OS)
Unless something is really wrong this will boot Windows as it should.

I confirm what Asyn said.
GrimeFighter has nothing to do with entering the bios settings.

Offline Troy67

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 06:58:47 PM »
Grime-fighter CAN!!! stop you from getting into the Bios. Regardless of what key your supposed to press to get into the Bios. On a Lenevo idea pad Grime-fighter not only prevented me from getting into the Bios but it replicated itself 2X as drive partitions to automatically boot from the Bios even after I deleted one partition. I deleted everything Avast and it still kept giving me trouble. I finally had to just transfer docs and pictures for the customer and Reformat the entire drive. Re-install windows and it worked just fine.

I cloned the original drive with a deepspar and am going to look a little bit deeper into exactly how it happened but honesty its been a terrible experience.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 10:39:16 AM »
@Troy67,
That is a very old post that you have replied to. The last reply before yours was dated 2016.
If your experience is recent, then maybe good if you posted afresh in Cleanup/Grimefighter section here:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=63.0