Author Topic: Stopping Tasks Does Not Increase Charge Time Remaining  (Read 3532 times)

REDACTED

Stopping Tasks Does Not Increase Charge Time Remaining
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:44 AM »
Hi,

I installed ABS on my new LG K7 last evening and have been trying to familiarize myself with how the app works. It is my understanding that that using the app to stop tasks that are running should both speed up your phone and also increase the time that you have left to use the phone on a charge.

Every time I check the app there are 5 - 10 apps that are running in the background, and I stop them all (I have several set up as "allowed" so they won't be stopped.). Some restart immediately (mostly those from my cell phone provider) which I understand can happen. However, some apps do stay stopped, but I am not seeing an increase in the time I have remaining on the charge (ie The time before I stop the apps is the same as the time after I stop the apps.).

Am I misunderstanding how this app works, or is the app not functioning properly?

Thanks so very much for any information you can provide.

Best regards,

mybuddy1998

Offline Jesse, Mobile Product Manager

• Avast team
Re: Stopping Tasks Does Not Increase Charge Time Remaining
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
Hi Buddy,

The estimated time remaining should increase when you stop apps, but there's a lag in its calculation (intentionally), and there are many factors that go into it.

The time-extension features should work in concert with the estimate calculation, but the features have been developed separately and don't always sync the way you might expect. We'll see if we can improve that in the future.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Jesse