Author Topic: Stupid behaviour at login when having already saved username & pw  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Anacunga

Stupid behaviour at login when already have saved username & password: go to the forum here and go to login ... then the login screen is appearing, with username (name@domain.tld) and password (appropriate) already filled in (as it was selected to behave that way). But what happens then is really stupid: if you click onto the login-button, you are told thaat the email-address is in a wrong format and no valid eMail-address. Manually filling in the eMail addres does not help; again you are told that eMail-address is in an invalid format. The only thing to do is to move the cursor into the password field (and nose around in there (arrow-keys). If you then click on login-button, login works ...

Bbrowser is K-Meleon 75.0/75.1

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Stupid behaviour at login when having already saved username & pw
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:44:07 PM »
Please (re)search before posting.
The issue is known and reported several months ago already.
No need to start a new thread about it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:47:52 PM »
I haven't logged in for a very long time as I generally don't logout.

Why would you go to login, if you have already done so ?

I login via my browser firefox at my.avast.com (and don't log out) I then open the avast forum (I have a shortcut to open my profile) and it opens right away, no login required, it has recognised my previous login.

Do you clear cookies, history, etc. etc. when you close your browser (I allow avast to set cookies and don't clear them) ?
I use CookieMonster to manage cookies.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Anacunga

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
Please (re)search before posting.
The issue is known and reported several months ago already.
No need to start a new thread about it.
And what search terms to search for? And why don't you give a link to such a thread?

And why is no instruction on the login screen what to do in such a case?