Author Topic: Unable to input email address  (Read 3257 times)

REDACTED

Unable to input email address
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »
A new Anti-Theft update rolled out today (05/26/16) for Android.  I updated, and then the app tries to make you go through a setup. The very first step is to enter your email account. However, some genius decided to make it so that you use a GOOGLE account only.

Well for avast I have used for well over a decade my one and only email account which is from AOL.  All my licenses for all my avast products are linked to that email address, so that when I am on any of my products using avast that are linked to my account, I control, check and make changes.  I only use an AOL email account, NOT GOOGLE...and a lot of other people use other-than-Google email accounts.  So what needs to happen here is for Anti-Theft to be able to use an email account THAT IS NOT GOOGLE!!!!!  The world is not owned by Google, there are many other email services that people use.  You have to let people use what they prefer to use.

In the meantime, I have an Anti-Theft that is useless because I can't set it up!!!!   

I need a work-around so I can use my aol account until the "Avast geniuses" write a new update that lets me use something other than a dumb google account, or I basically have to uninstall Anti-Theft and go with something else.

REDACTED

Re: Unable to input email address
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »
Well, all my Avast android apps are officially on-the-clock.

I have had ZERO replies in the forum from anyone with a work-around (including Avast workers) and ZERO replies directly from Avast to my request for support.  I have no protection now, no way to interface, and not even a hope of a solution even in the future.

Doesn't feel like they care much about me, even though I helped them track problems with their anti-virus app through email for over a month when I pointed out they had an issue.  BTW I wasn't even given a thanks, or a discount or something.  Just an acknowledgment that I was correct.   ???

Now not even a response.  I feel left out to dry and most certainly unappreciated being I have been a paying customers for many long years, so if I don't hear something good from them very soon, I'm switching to a different app/s (Cerberus, Comodo are most likely so far).  Time's ticking...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:31:12 PM »
Just have patience.
You are not the only one who is requesting support.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »
Just have patience.
You are not the only one who is requesting support.

With security having patience is not a good nor a smart choice

1. Every hour that goes by is an hour WITHOUT protection. We're not talking diminished protection. I cannot use the app at all. This is also why I MUST (a requirement, not a wish) look for a different party solution if Avast cannot provide one quickly.
2. Response time is an intricate and essential part of support. If you cannot get to a problem in-time, the damage can get worse or become irreparable.  An essential part to 6-Sigma QA (You may look this up) is asking a customer if their problem was resolved in a timely and efficient manner.  Thinking possible damage, in this case for example, what happens right now if I misplaced my phone like MILLIONS of people do every single day? And trust me, none of them misplace it on-purpose.
3. Acknowledgment is also part of support, and should be done in the first 24 hours. A customer that is not acknowledged is de-facto incommunicated and is blind to the fact if anyone in the other end is even aware of their problem.

My case shows that at the very least Avast needs to review and VASTLY improve their customer support. This is not proper customer support.

At this point it might be pointless, since they only have a few more hours before I replace the app with a different one. After that, they can take their time to fix, acknowledge, etc.. The questions at that point are:  Will I be back as a customer once I use the other app?  Will I completely replace everything that is Avast brand in the future due to their below-standards support?

Requesting my patience is not a good choice. Neither for me, nor for Avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »
Did you submit a ticket yet..!?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »
and ZERO replies directly from Avast to my request for support.
It seems the OP did.

1]
No it is not if you have AMS installed.

2]
avast's response time is well within a normal time period.

3]
You did got a acknowledgement through email.

My case shows that...
No, it only shows that you need to learn to have patience.
There are no people at avast sitting on a chair doing nothing and are just waiting for you to submit a ticket so they can help you instantly.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
and ZERO replies directly from Avast to my request for support.
It seems the OP did.
If so, the ticket-ID could help.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »
According to avast it is possible to use Google, Facebook or a e-mail address to login.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=184646.msg1315302#msg1315302