Author Topic: Free registration  (Read 5726 times)

satrat

Free registration
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:34:03 PM »
I have built a new pc. I am going to refurb the old one and sell it. Should I transfer the old license key, too the new pc, or just get a new one? Plus I reformated my laptop, can I just use the old license key I had runnig on that pc?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Free registration
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 02:35:36 PM »
Probably be easier to get a new one for another 14 months

satrat

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 02:55:32 PM »
Thank you,
The understanding avast.ini topic, should I worry about these changes, avast has work well on the pc I have built, and no probems? Also down on the bottom right hand side is my IP address, and others have the word logged. don't realy like my ip address public. just a worry wart I guess. not that this is my real ip address. just would like to know if i can hide it?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
If you have made changes that are reflected in the avast4.ini you could copy it and replace the one on the new system after you install avast. Assuming there aren't any changes that relate to your old configuration that don't exist on the new one then it should be ok.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »
The ip address is only visible to you and the moderators on this forum, so don't worry

satrat

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
Thank You
I have never changed avast.ini, manualy. I was just wondering, why that post was thier.

The ip address is only visible to you and the moderators on this forum, so don't worry
  Thank you