Author Topic: Unable to change mobile number in My Avast account settings  (Read 2273 times)

REDACTED

Unable to change mobile number in My Avast account settings
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
The phone number in My Avast account is incorrect and I can't change it. I can enter the correct number and save it, but the update is not effective, the original number is still displayed when I go back into the setting.
I tried deleting the device, uninstalling Anti-theft and antivirus from the phone, then reinstalling, but the old number is still used in my account without me entering it.
The impact of this is that the remote anti-theft functions cannot be activated if mobile data and Wi-Fi are switched off on the phone. It cannot be contacted using the mobile number alone to send SMS commands.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Unable to change mobile number in My Avast account settings
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »
It can take a few hours before changes on/through your avast account take effect.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »
I think I worked out why. Avast is detecting the original phone number of the SIM card and not the number that was ported from my previous network when I switched. My network is going to supply a new SIM with the correct number pre-programmed.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »
Hi David,

please let us know if the new SIM card resolved your issues.

I imagine this will be quote common, especially for users of Dual-SIM phones (not common in US, but is quite common elsewhere).
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay