Author Topic: My feature recommendation list  (Read 6619 times)

REDACTED

My feature recommendation list
« on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:57 PM »
About the Avast Battery Saver. In my opinion there are some crucial key features that are missing in this app for it to be really outstanding. As I see it, here are some of the features I would recommend::

For a 4*star rating:
  • make a version without adds (paid one I guess).
  • possibility to add your own profiles. With this user would be able to use a time swith ability of the Sleep profile, wifi ID switch ability of the Home profile and battery level ability. Let user decide. Add some other switches (charger plug in switch, location switch).
  • add a widget to launch the "Closing apps function" from the home screen without a need to launch the app itself and close it afterwards.

For a 5*star rating:
  • add a feature to not turning off the wifi while certain app (e.g. Messenger, Music player) is running in the foreground (make a new white list for these "wifi turn on" apps).
  • let the user edit all the profiles, sort them and delete them (include a deletion of the stock ones & reseting them back again).
  • add a landscape GUI.
  • ability to add Allowed apps more at once and not just one at a time.
  • make the ability to launch the "clean" function automatically in a certain period of time while not using the phone.

Anyways thanks for the app and have a nice day.

Martin...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:22:47 PM by Skynet.cz »

Offline Jesse, Mobile Product Manager

• Avast team
Re: My feature recommendation list
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:59:51 PM »
Hi Martin, thanks for the suggestions.

- We are considering a premium ad-free experience. It's a rather large undertaking but I agree it could be a win-win.
- Custom profiles are definitely interesting, but it is challenging to help prevent users from creating overlaps. It's easy to see how profiles triggered by Geo, WiFi, time and charge level could overlap and confuse a user. But we are thinking this through as well.
- I agree that a widget would be nice to have. It's not there yet because only 1% of users in the old Battery Saver used the widget. But if we find a better way to promote it, this could be useful. Also, the permanent notification is a prominent jump-off point that doesn't add too much friction.
- We are adjusting the way WiFi switches on and off which could solve your problem in another way. We should not be switching off WiFi when you're connected to a network, except in certain cases when we know you're not using the connection.
- Our tablet user count is still a little too low to invest the effort into landscape support. We'll consider this when we see that group increase in numbers, or more requests for landscape.
- Allowed Apps multi-select shouldn't be too hard. We'll investigate.
- We can kill tasks for you automatically but the user needs to open the UI and keep the screen turned on while we stop apps. We are considering a feature where we kill tasks automatically every so often, but it's not as powerful a tool for saving battery so we need to think through the UX and messaging.

Thanks for the suggestions and we hope to deliver some of them for you soon!

Jesse, Product Manager

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
Jesse, what about preventing apps to launch and be running in background? I know it will require root, but before killing apps, the better is to prevent them to launch imho.
Talking about root, maybe controlling the speed and number of cores could give some extra juice to the moment we really need it. Or I'm wrong?

Some other apps offer options to while the screen is off (for instance, disable data and WiFi).
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 10:36:30 PM »
Hello :)

Nice suggestions for sure .
May I add another idea ? Accessing "Plane mode" (I'm french, not sure about the translation) with Night profile would be great. This way, all connections would automatically set off between the defined hours ... do you think this could be implemented , please ?

Thanks for the great Avast mobile apps :)

Regards.

Nicolas
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:40:40 PM by nicoC »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 11:08:34 AM »
Hi,

Cool evolution list Skynet.cz, really interesting stuff!

If I may suggest something else, is it possible to bring back the option to deactivate temporarily the app?
It may be usefull in order not to switch off Internet connection during updating other app via stores or during a large download.

Other case, create a new option to keep Internet connection alive when sharing it with your mobile configured to be used like an access point or modem. Is it a thinkable idea?

May I add another idea ? Accessing "Plane mode" (I'm french, not sure about the translation) with Night profile would be great. This way, all connections would automatically set off between the defined hours ... do you think this could be implemented , please ?
I agree with that too ;)

By the way, thank you for the app, this is a reallygood job!

J

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:17:39 AM »
I would like a Profile created for when I'm Driving and another for when I'm using Pokemon Go.