Author Topic: Share your ideas here  (Read 42755 times)

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Share your ideas here
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
We'd be happy to hear any ideas or suggestions or feedback you have for improving the service

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Share your ideas here
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
My personal "theory": when I need to use a VPN as I'm in a public WiFi, the speed is the issue. We are really discouraged to use internet in these conditions. Opera browser (and some other apps like Chrome browser) released a "data compression" and "ad killer", but really, the speed is the limit.

My suggestion: allow storing things offline (mails, webpages, etc.) and then take this advantage of preloaded things when you're at the VPN.
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
Here are my 2ct/pennies ;)

I am an Austrian citizen living in the UK and sometimes I want to have an Austrian IP Address - would it be possible to get an Austrian Server up an running? - Cheers.

My second issue would be a Killswitch that would work this way:
a) if no VPN connection is active, block internet traffic completely
b) if VPN connection drops, block internet traffic.

Implemented in a form of "protected mode" to never come in contact without VPN cover.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 01:25:51 AM »
- To Put back the Korean server.
- To have a way to connect to VPN without having the program installed (you could log in with your vpn account and configure it on windows default VPN configuration, like *i don`t know if i can put the name here* works).

Offline FranceBB1

• FranceBB
  • Broadcast Encoder
    • Github Account
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 12:33:23 AM »
Since Avast is "moving to the cloud", I have an idea.
Since all the VPN traffic passes through servers owned by Avast, why don't you offer the option to filter it?
I mean, I have an avast secure line licence and an avast premier licence for Windows. Since I own both of them, it would actually be really cool to have the option to have the Avast server scan my internet traffic looking for virus, Malware and spyware instead of using the antivirus installed on my machine. Why don't you implement and offer such an option to users who own both licences?
Main: ESET Nod32  - Fedora Linux x64
Work: Avast Premier  - Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 - Microsoft Official Extended Support (2019)
Server: Symantec Endpoint Protection  - Windows Server 2019 x64

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
Not all servers are owned by avast.
They also rent servers.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »
for secure line avast check internet speed so after it is ok you should suggest.Some region internet speed not good...

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 03:50:59 AM »
We'd be happy to hear any ideas or suggestions or feedback you have for improving the service
I am Swiss living abroad and I'd like to have a Swiss Avast server for my VPN line. Please set up one.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
Why our mobile portfolio does not include a free VPN local proxy no root? And then, the VPN features as premium? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.faircode.netguard&hl=en
The best things in life are free.

Offline Aarya

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 03:52:06 AM »
Please add VPN servers for India

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
I am a citizen of Ukraine, sometimes living in the Italy and sometimes I need to use an Ukraine IP Address - would it be possible to get an Ukrainian Server up a running?

Offline marty1

Avast SecureLine VPN for Linux
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »
I would like to make a feature request to make Avast SecureLine VPN available for Linux (Debian/Ubuntu)  platforms as well.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 11:46:12 PM »
Hello,
I would like to make Avast VPN SECURE Line available for Linux platforms too.

I've read that it might have been available by the past (cf Old User guide) but isn't anymore :'(

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 05:42:55 AM »
Hello, I'm another user who would really like to see the VPN come to linux. I was almost going to switch over from ipvanish to get the premier package with vpn but then I realized I wouldn't be able to use it on half of my devices. Really suprised that avast isn't trying to become more accessible to users on *nix systems.

Offline Thomas803

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 02:54:55 PM »
Hi,

I really would like a JSON or XML output option  or anything else than current output.

Seriously the output is barely human readable, but definitively not parseable.

I mean, look at the output and tell me the correct way to extract a virus name from a file stored in a zip file ?
Of course it's an example, but make your output more readable by any script would be a major plus.

Thanks in advance.