Author Topic: Passwords Synchronization  (Read 58494 times)

REDACTED

Re: Passwords Synchronization
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 11:47:35 PM »
So are we no longer going to get support for this?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 07:49:14 AM »
See reply #10

You need to correctly setup the first device, before enabling/trying synchronization.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 12:20:04 AM »
My first device (my computer) is set up. I already have synchronization turned on. I followed the steps outlined in https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB255.

Offline jelinek

• Avast team
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 07:16:02 PM »
Dear nicholas.j.curley & mcompagno,

unfortunately we can't resend you a backup email. Avast has a zero knowledge about your passwords so in this situation we don't have a way how to regenerate a backup mail for you (because authorized device generated the data in the backup mail).

Only thing I can do for you is reset of your synchronization group so you can start from scratch. Please note that the data you’ve synchronized in the past will be lost. As you can’t find backup email and you don’t have any authorized device they are actually lost already. Only you with authorized device can read the data .
Data you have stored locally (even if you are in pending authorization state) will not be affected. Also note that before we perform reset you should turn off synchronization on all devices you have tried to turn it on already. We can guide you as we know which devices are in group, unfortunately in your situation that’s almost all we know about your data. 
If you want reset your account, please write me.

One note to your sentence " I already have synchronization turned on". Our data showed that your desktop is not authorized (you are logged into Avast Account but no active device authorize you). Please note, that if you are logged into Avast Account it doesn't mean that synchronization is automatically on.

Can you please look at your Windows version on Settings -> Passwords -> Synchronization and what message do you have there ?
1) Your passwords, notes and autofill data are automatically synchronized on all devices which are connected to the same Avast Account
or
2) To connect with your existing vault you must authorize access first from any other device...etc

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 10:48:46 PM »
jelinek,

I would like to have my account reset. I've turned off synchronization on my phone. However, on my desktop, when I try to turn of synchronization it asks if i want to continue (I say yes) and then nothing happens. I've tried restarting and everything but is permanently on. In the settings window->passwords>sync> there is no info about my Windows version. Simply that I need to authorize access from any other existing device (there is no other device).

Thank you for your help and reply.

Offline jelinek

• Avast team
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »
Hello nicholas,

sorry for delay in my response (holiday). Now I will be quicker.

If you have a problem with logout please try this.

- Log in into your vault by insert your master password manually (not over One Touch Login) feature.
- Turn off the One Touch Login (Settings -> Passwords -> One Touch login section -> Turn off)
- Then turn off the synchronization ( Settings -> Passwords -> Synchronization section -> Turn off synchronization)

Your account is reset now. So after you log in back into your account, your device will be authorized and back up email come to your mailbox.

If you have any problems, please contact me.

Have a nice day,

J.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 07:42:51 PM »
Jelinek,

No worries, thanks for the response. I logged in manually but I cannot turn off one touch. I click "turn off" and nothing happens.

Nick

Offline jelinek

• Avast team
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »
Dear Nicholas,

we are sorry for your troubles.

This advice help you with your problem.

• In your phone please go to Settings -> One Touch Login pairing -> Click on "Unpair"
  • In Windows go to Settings -> One Touch Login -> Pair new device
  • Pair again your phone with your desktop by instructions
  • After pair, please lock your vault and then log-in again by inserting your master password manually (not over OTL)
  • Now go to settings again and turn off the One Touch Login and then "Turn off synchronization". It could works now

You should be now disconnect from your account (beware that turning off synchronization delete all your passwords and notes).

We will be very glad, if you find a time and send us a logs, where we can recognize what's going wrong in your situation and we can do some bugfix.

Please find a file c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\AvastSvc.log - Please send this file into my Private Message or send it to jelinek@avast.com

Thank you very much,

J.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 04:53:09 AM »
Thank you!

Your instructions solve the problem for me, I however did not re-setup OTL.

As per your request I've sent you the log file.

Thank you again for the excellent support!

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »
hi can u help me i have the same problem i dont have a trusted device i dont know why. my phone tells me that i need one but on the pc its the same?? can u pls help me sitting here for 2 hours reading all tutorial but nothing worked? can u say whats my trusted device or can u reset it pls??

hope u can help me

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 08:13:40 PM »
Did you connect the devices to the same avast account ?

If they are, where do you get stuck ?
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB255

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 08:16:35 PM »
yes the are both registrated at my email account. i think my problem is that i have a first trusted device  but i dont know which it is. so both devices now (mobile and PC) tell me that i need an active account. but i dont have that and i dont find the restore email. so can u reset maybe?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 08:21:36 PM »
If you want a reset, you need to ask avast.
https://support.avast.com

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »
i did it but no replay maybe i have  to wait how can i see that they answer me? i will get an email?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »
Yes, they will respond by email.