Author Topic: SOA services won't run  (Read 3857 times)

REDACTED

SOA services won't run
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
If I run the console (on IE using port 8731), I get an avast "server not available" page on IE.
It appears that on our server, the Avast Admin Console service isn't running.  If I attempt to start it, It will take a long time to attempt to start.  During this time, the SOA console does run for several minutes.  However, all clients show as disconnected and no client licenses are updated. 

After several minutes, the Avast Admin Console service fails with "Error 1053: did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".  The service status changes from Starting to blank/not running.  At this time the Avast Admin Console in IE says "connection lost".  (I was using the server's IE and working directly on the server).

The Admin Console service was running under the Network Service account. I thought that might be an issue and changed it to Local System account. This did not have an effect, so I reverted to Network Service Account

The Avast Enterprise Administration Server and Enterprise Mirror HTTP Server services are also not running. Starting these generates a Services error of "Error 2: the system cannon find the file specified." Is AEA isn't required for SOA, right? This is running on Server 2012.

Other services, such as Admin Console Monitor, are running.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Offline alerts

Re: SOA services won't run
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
Lame, no reply.  I have this issue too. "Repair" install did not fix or help and I also changed from Network Service account with no luck.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: SOA services won't run
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »