Author Topic: Can't figure out how to authorize password sync for mobile  (Read 24615 times)

REDACTED

Re: Can't figure out how to authorize password sync for mobile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 04:36:12 AM »
I was having the same problem with my new GS7. Finally figured it out.
I had my PC up and on my GS7, wen tto the Syc and back up tab.  When it had the code for my, at the bottom of that screen there is a logout and quit (something like that). Once it logged me out (and there was a notice about deleting passwords on my device, I clicked OK) I shut down the app, then restarted it.  Logged in with my AVAST Web account username and password, then I was finally able to get to the Sync and backup screen. It showed my a list of authorized devices, (I removed my old cell phone, since it's not working anymore,) then back at the app's main screen clicked on the three dots in upper right, and sync was listed.  Clicked on it, and now I have my passwords that were strored! 
Hope this works for you.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 04:41:25 AM »
Sorry, forgot to mention, watch you Avast icons on your PC. They may only flash.  a message should be there asking if you want to approve or authorize your new device. That will appear before you can sync the passwords.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »
Hello i seem to be having the same problem a lot of people are having, i can not sync my passwords acroos my two devices. I believe i need my group deleted and then i can start a new one to generate a email so i can link my two devices. This  has got to be one of the most stupid systems i have come across yet. When i log in to my page all the information about my devices is there why is it so difficult to make them just sync? Please can some one resolve his soon.

Regards

david

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »
Hi,
If you want to sync passwords with more devices just install Avast passwords on the other device, sign up, choose master password (it can be different on each device!). Your new device must be authorized by another device. If notification not arrived check internet connection and also e-mail account - it must be the same on both devices. If still not arrived, may the notification have been lost for some reason but you can go to the application settings on active device and watch the list of active devices and devices waiting for approve. You can approve access to your pending device.

Offline JAMES726

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »
I am having the same problem, There is no where to manually approve the other devices I can find. Were could I find this please

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
On each platform (Win, Mac, iOS, Android) we have device approval available. On mobile devices and mac you should see notification about new device has been added and you can follow up from there. Note that it is only shown on devices which are already trusted (fully authorized). On windows or in case notification is not shown you may always do it from application settings.

Read this guide for details:
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Synchronize-Passwords-across-devices