Author Topic: Block All Non-VPN Traffic (Internet Kill Switch)  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Tetra11

Block All Non-VPN Traffic (Internet Kill Switch)
« on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:13 PM »
I’m just trying the Secureline-VPN-service and it works quite okay. But sometimes I get disconnected and reconnected to the VPN. Especially when my internet connection is fully occupied or heavily in use. This apparently happens to many other users as well. For me this is a security risk, because it could allow IP leaks.
I’d like to have an option where I can block all internet traffic apart from the VPN connection and enable the VPN automatically when the OS has started up. Is there a way to make this work?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:36:07 AM by Tetra11 »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Block All Non-VPN Traffic (Internet Kill Switch)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:24:57 AM »
Hi Tetra,

Thanks very much for your feedback.  At the moment, we don't have an internet kill-switch or auto-on function.  But, we are working on both and plan to release later in the summer.

Just for info, the reason we didn't go with the auto-on feature before is that, as you probably know, VPNs do have affect the connection speed.  So we chose not to implement a function to automatically turn on SecureLine in order to keep the decision up to users.  However, now we've gotten feedback from other users besides yourself so we've decided to go ahead with that.

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

Re: Block All Non-VPN Traffic (Internet Kill Switch)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
"Thanks very much for your feedback.  At the moment, we don't have an internet kill-switch or auto-on function.  But, we are working on both and plan to release later in the summer ((written last june))".

I am very disappointed with this auto-kill-switch still missing. It destroys the whole idea of secure VPN. I would have chosen some other VPN if I´d known this.
Your  VPN is working otherwise fine but because of that, I can´t recommend it to my friends.