Author Topic: Avast Online Security problem? (don't know who to send it to)  (Read 2470 times)

REDACTED

nothing major but I found it very odd?

I was browsing the net and I noticed the I never had that little avast site rater icon, so I had a look and my "Avast Online Security" extension was no longer on my computer? (at all, I had a good look)

I don't know why it was gone, but there was no evidence of it ever being on my computer (I have had it for over 2 years now on this computer) I have reinstalled it and am having no problems now but I don't want other people to have many problems so I thought I should just put it out there.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Online Security problem? (don't know who to send it to)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »
Without knowing more details, I would say a update of your browser removed AOS from it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Online Security problem? (don't know who to send it to)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:27:39 PM »
What browser and version are you using ?

What avast version are you using (11.2.2262, is the latest regular release version).

The above questions tend to relate to Firefox (Mozilla) requiring signed add-ons after a certain version and said signed version of the AOS add-on only came after a certain avast build.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security