Author Topic: Avast with AntiVir  (Read 8475 times)

wolverine281

Re: Avast with AntiVir
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 01:39:22 AM »
So what do you think can I get rid of it?

Thanks again DavidR you have been extremely helpful.

AvastForever

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 06:12:56 AM »
You can also look at Clamwin as a backup. It does not have any background protection. Take a look at it. http://www.clamwin.com/

Jevi

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »
Hi,

Please tell me...

I like to run avast as my guard, but I have antivir on my system too.
With antivir I've never used the guard, but it seems antivir starts up something.
So I disabled antivir with msconfig AND services.msc, well anything named antivir...
Still avast complains at startup that antivir is running! So anything that I can do? Other services that belong to antivir (and have not the name antivir in it?), registry keys I have to delete?

tell me...!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »
So what do you think can I get rid of it?

Thanks again DavidR you have been extremely helpful.
It doesn't appear to have any adverse effect by not having the Ewido Control Center service running other than getting the message that it isn't running after an update. Personally I can't see a reason to have it running when I don't have any resident elements of ewido in the free version. It is easy to start just before I open ewido to update (weekly) followed by a scan. It is equally easy to stop after the scan but I usually leave it as it won't run when I next boot.

I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of ewido so I can't say for sure, but from personal experience it doesn't seem to be a problem if it isn't running in the free version. Perhaps a check of ewido's site to see if there is a forum or FAQs that might help/confirm.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security