Author Topic: Call Blocking and Text Blocking  (Read 17746 times)

REDACTED

Re: Call Blocking and Text Blocking
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 09:44:53 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure what numbers are you referring as "unregistered". The option "all hidden numbers" will block all numbers that appear on your phone as "Caller unknown" or "Caller hidden". The option "all unknown numbers" will block all numbers that are not in your contact list, but have an actual number displayed on your phone while calling/texting.

Filip

Actually, there are some calls without valid Caller ID info, that will still ring even with the "unregistered" option enabled.

I had two the other day.
They show up as 0000000000 numbers.

Those do not appear to be blocked.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »
I have avast! installed and thought I was using the Call Blocking feature. But have been receiving many calls from car warranty and credit cards, among others. The number does appear on my phone, so once I figure out what it's about I hang up and go into avast! and add the number to the Call Blocker listing from my call log. I was wondering how the callers managed to get so many new numbers (didn't really pay attention to whether or not it was a recognized number), and then checked my Call Blocking history ... only 2 blocked entries. So while I have lots of numbers listed in my Blacklist, the Blocker isn't stopping them from coming through. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »
Hi guys,

please, start new thread(s) if you have some issues, don't resurrect threads that are years old, thanks.

Filip