Author Topic: BRAND NEW VERSION: 12.1.2272  (Read 117209 times)

Offline cruiser25

Re: BRAND NEW VERSION: 12.1.2272
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2016, 08:07:56 PM »
Now when things are moved to the "cloud" and i´m not sure what kind of analys is taking place there apart for unrecogniced files.
Can I do a for example a full system scan when i´m not connected to the internet with same results as if I was connected, if avast says im protected and the program is updated ?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2016, 12:12:16 AM »
Well, that's the benefit of the cloud. Bad guys don't know what kind of analysis are done either. And if they want to test them, they have to submit the sample to avast! cloud. And once they do that, avast! team is aware of it. Things used to be the other way around in the past, but now the security companies are getting the edge.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2016, 01:19:24 PM »
Now when things are moved to the "cloud" and i´m not sure what kind of analys is taking place there apart for unrecogniced files.
Can I do a for example a full system scan when i´m not connected to the internet with same results as if I was connected, if avast says im protected and the program is updated ?

Yes you can run the full system scan offline, of course. And the results will be the same as on previous versions. The advantage of the cloud is really in the real time protection not in on demand scans.
To say it easy: Being offline doesn't mean less protection, rather being online means more protection ;-)

REDACTED

« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »

Yes you can run the full system scan offline, of course. And the results will be the same as on previous versions. The advantage of the cloud is really in the real time protection not in on demand scans.
To say it easy: Being offline doesn't mean less protection, rather being online means more protection ;-)
I don't think that's the complete picture. Scanning off line will only find things already on the system but since you're offline, nothing new will be getting in anyway. When on line, you are protected from both existing and new malware attempting to get in. You're protected as much as you need to be both ways as long as your definitions are up to date.

REDACTED

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »
Is there a way to see the list of files the file shield and web shield are currently scanning like in older versions of avast? I cant seen to find this option anymore, was it removed?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2016, 05:48:01 AM »
Is there a way to see the list of files the file shield and web shield are currently scanning like in older versions of avast? I cant seen to find this option anymore, was it removed?
Yes, the stats get reworked and should be back in September.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Ve1kko

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2016, 07:35:48 AM »
Hello,

When I started the PC this morning, Avast Free 2015 had upgraded to the newest version without my permission (there was also Avast SafeZone Browser on my desktop). I wonder how is this possible as I had turned the automatic program updates off?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:03:40 AM by Veikko H. »

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »
Hello,

When I started the PC this morning, Avast Free 2015 had upgraded to the newest version without my permission (there was also Avast SafeZone Browser on my desktop). I wonder how is this possible as I had turned the automatic program updates off?

Hi,

sometimes we migrate older versions to latest version automatically. If you don't want this automatic updates,please set Program update settings to "Manual"

Offline Ve1kko

« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2016, 10:43:04 AM »
Hello,

Hi,

sometimes we migrate older versions to latest version automatically. If you don't want this automatic updates,please set Program update settings to "Manual"

Thanks for your reply, I had the automatic program updates set to "manual".

My system is Win 8.1 with the latest updates. The Avast I used was 2015.10.4.2233.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:40:14 AM by Veikko H. »

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2016, 08:22:48 PM »

OK thanks for the clarification I suspected it worked so. But better to ask if I feel insecure.

Offline calmurilo

« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2016, 06:01:48 PM »
Hi all,
- Removed Remote assistance - not used enough and not a core functionality

What a pity!

I'm a computer technician, recommend AVAST to my clients and I used Remote assistance for assist them. Now I have to use a third party tool again. More one software, more one third party account and explanation that I will have to use a unknow tool! AVAST Remote assistance was trustable for avoid that kind of explanation.

I think the problem is not that people didn't use it, the problem is they didn't know about the tool and used other tools. If the AVAST window message showed tricks about AVAST tools, I think the tool would be more used. I used to use Remote assistance at home to command my media server PC and teach some clients to do the same.

I have a sugestion to not remove the tool, that is change the way how it is used. As I understood, the problem is the need of a server side service, if it was peer to peer, doesn't would cost nothing to the AVAST Software Group, just a few modification would be needed.

Well, if we can't do nothing... let's go to other tools.

REDACTED

« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2016, 09:48:03 AM »
Has the broken back-up function been fixed yet?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
It works for some but not for others. The only way to tell is to try it.  :(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
It works for some but not for others. The only way to tell is to try it.  :(
No, thanks. ;) I tried several times after release, then went back to the previous non-Nitro version and will stick to that until they fix the issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
Help please. i have downloaded and install this version but it is eating my cpu.  It is sitting around 49%. I'm having problems opening most programmes and web pages.  Any help would be grateful as i need to use my pc in 2 hours for something really important.