Author Topic: CyberCapture  (Read 132762 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: CyberCapture
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »
That doesn't matter so much.
I disagree.
Why ??? ??? ???
Won't worth posting if every post of mine is contradicted. I will just say it's my personal opinion based in the CC technology.
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
Lets be honest, it's because you're being too defensive because you're "avast team". Users don't care about buzzwords and fancy promises. They want results. It's that simple.

When avast! will detect pretty much every malware you throw at it, then I'll be defensive, but until that happens, sorry. No.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »
That doesn't matter so much.
I disagree.

Well I suggest you read my complete post and not quote in part, as it is completely out of context. The fact that avast hasn't seen it before doesn't mean other AVs haven't seen it and added it to their virus databases. Hence the results in the VT link.

What I have said is true and explains why avast, CC scan picked it up "it hadn't seen it before."
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2016, 02:59:04 AM »
1. I quote in parts because I do not agree in that part.
2. I'm not in Avast defense. I was answering (and questioning) technically. If CC technology is also called zero-second detection, how tons of other AV that supposedly do not have this technology already detect that sample? And this is the meaning of my posted phrase there. In the answer, seems I'm a stupid or non-technical minded.
3. The only fact you're on defensive and questioning, does not mean we're (other Avast users and team) are biased.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2016, 10:05:33 AM »
Lets be honest, it's because you're being too defensive because you're "avast team". Users don't care about buzzwords and fancy promises. They want results. It's that simple.

When avast! will detect pretty much every malware you throw at it, then I'll be defensive, but until that happens, sorry. No.
+100.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
Users don't care about buzzwords and fancy promises. They want results. It's that simple.

When avast! will detect pretty much every malware you throw at it.
+100.
+1000.

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2016, 02:27:25 PM »
Avast! team should change the blog post name:CyberCapture: Protection against zero-second attacks
CyberCapture is not detects zero-second attacks and give realtime results for now,it is missed some well known malwares.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:34:57 PM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »
1. I quote in parts because I do not agree in that part.
2. I'm not in Avast defense. I was answering (and questioning) technically. If CC technology is also called zero-second detection, how tons of other AV that supposedly do not have this technology already detect that sample? And this is the meaning of my posted phrase there. In the answer, seems I'm a stupid or non-technical minded.
3. The only fact you're on defensive and questioning, does not mean we're (other Avast users and team) are biased.

1. well you only quoted part of a sentence, in isolation it is meaningless as the explanation is to do with why you see avast not detecting on VT, but that avast CC has detected it.

2. If you read my reply in the context of what I quoted from your post it should be obvious that I'm not defending or attacking anyone. Just trying to explain how this situation might occur.

3. As I said it isn't a defence of anything other than an explanation of others are detecting something avast doesn't. The fact being that the avast CC did detect it, something which can't be tested live on VT. Only after subsequent CC detections would avast possibly include a signature for that malware, then and only then would you see a detection on VT.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:29:35 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »
Can Anyone explain the new settings for CyberCapture? ???
Security Enthusiast

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
Asked twice and never got an answer. Communication with avast! team is really bad these last few months...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2016, 02:36:59 PM »
HEY Avast! team here is a feedback from Malwaretips:https://malwaretips.com/threads/avast-12-2-2276.61789/#post-527625 The Always block suspicious files from Cyber Capture doesn't work that well.

This is a small feedback after testing a few hours in Windows 7 (64Bit) using VirtualBox on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (64Bit)
Security Enthusiast

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »
Hello guys,
We have made a small change in the Cyber Capture flow. On the first Cyber Capture dialog, that informs the user about the fact, that the file is rare and need to be analyzed on the backend, we have removed the "Run anyway" button. We've received some complains from users and testers, that this is too dangerous, and in case it really is a virus may be a security risk for the user.

In the current version, the original "Run anyway" button is replaced with the "I trust this file" link, which still keeps the file inside Cyber Capture analysis, and also sends this users opinion back to our servers. It may be then taken into the account and make the analysis faster.

While be believe, this new workflow is more secure, we do understand that many of you are power users and want to be in charge. For this purpose we have added the new option into settings - it controls whether the "Run anyway" option is available or not.

Some of you have also suggested the file to be executed in Sandbox only - we are still working with this idea. I quite like it, but it has some technical issues as well - what should we do when the downloaded file is an installer, the installation may fail, or appear to succeed but things will not work as expected -- e.g. no integration with the system will ever be visible. This seems to be somewhat challenging when presented to less advanced users, but we are still working with this idea.

Hope this helps. Lukas.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2016, 02:43:26 PM »
Asked twice and never got an answer. Communication with avast! team is really bad these last few months...

RejZor, and sorry for not replying earlier, you've posted your first question in the middle of the night (11.26PM - 13.7 hrs ago), I was still awake and we had a chat about that with Petr Chytil, but my wife really hates when I type in bed, so I left the reply till the day light. Your other inquiry about that was 2.18 hrs ago, while I understand it is already some time, it took me a more than 10 minutes to type the reply - so in general I guess we could count that as bellow 2 hrs. Is that really that horrible?

Lukas.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »
but my wife really hates when I type in bed

LOL ;D ;D ;D

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2016, 02:51:19 PM »
So Clarify this one "Allow me to run Susp files" the paid users are using it in Sandbox but what about free users?
you say that "we are still working with this idea."Pls keep free users also in mind.They don't have Sandbox.Have a great day.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:56:38 PM by Be Secure »
Security Enthusiast