Author Topic: Endpoint  (Read 12090 times)

REDACTED

Endpoint
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:35:44 PM »
We are a Free for EDU original adapter school district. Is the Avast Endpoint Protection Suite going to be replaced with the Avast Cloud solution as I see which is available for new EDU users. Will we have to make the switch during the school year since our current license is valid until the end of October? Any help/input is appreciated.

REDACTED

Re: Endpoint
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:54:36 PM »
I am in the same situation.  I didn't realize this forced migration was happening until I came to renew my EPS license.

Hopefully the cloud solution has matured enough since the initial roll out.  The early cloud versions would not even allow you to schedule a virus scan for after hours via the manager console.  Your only option remotely was basically "scan now".

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 07:42:08 AM »
The unfortunate part is that you have to pay in order to get an updated MSI for GPO deployment. Otherwise, everything is working great after our Migration about 5 months ago.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »
The unfortunate part is that you have to pay in order to get an updated MSI for GPO deployment. Otherwise, everything is working great after our Migration about 5 months ago.
So for cloud version it requires an MSI.  I've been server side and it uses a deploy task.  Like this but it never deployed to Laptops and not sure why.  That's why I was considering Cloud.  Does Cloud offer the Mgmt console so you can see everything like server console does. Other than location -- is Cloud Mgmt very similar to Admin Console or do we loose functionality