Author Topic: Secureline icon still in taskbar after uninstall  (Read 3132 times)

REDACTED

Secureline icon still in taskbar after uninstall
« on: May 04, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »
A few days ago, I installed Secureline on a free trial basis. Before the expiry of that period, I decided to take a subscription to another VPN service, so uninstalled Secureline using Revo Uninstaller;at the same time, I removed the startup menu line. After a while, I noticed that there was still a Secureline icon in the task bar which, if clicked, claimed to start Secureline (no requester showed). On checking Windows uninstaller, I found that there was still a Secureline entry; clicking on it simply removed the line with no other apparent action. Investigating in the Avast menu (which I should have done first thing!) I found and disabled the 'Icon in Task Bar' switch and restarted the system. The icon re-appeared in the task bar and still claims to active Secureline.
I know that there's a solution to this problem, but I seem to have gone through all the necessary steps in onw way or another, so I'm somewhat perplexed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:21:14 PM by poprune »

REDACTED

Re: Secureline icon still in taskbar after uninstall
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:50:24 PM »
Update. The free trial period expired today; the extraneous icon disappeared from the task bar.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Secureline icon still in taskbar after uninstall
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 06:54:42 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0