Author Topic: How do I get "Passwords" to work in Firefox?  (Read 5115 times)

REDACTED

How do I get "Passwords" to work in Firefox?
« on: August 04, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »
OK. Finally I have "activated" my new "Passwords" add-on for Firefox. 

But it does not work.  The icon is black and there are no buttons on the browser as in EasyPass.  When I click on the black "Passwords" icon a window appears that says "The extension is not activated. Please activate it first." I did activate it -- it's there.  When I look at the Add-ons there it is with a disable button there.  But if I disable it, it changes to an "Enable" button and still it's black on the browser.  I have activated "Passwords" with Avast and transferred all the files from EasyPass into it. 

I cannot get rid of the old disabled EasyPass add-on.  There is no "remove" button there.  I tried to find out how to do that, but Firefox just says to choose the remove button in the Add-ons.  It's not there.  The whole disabled Easy Pass Add-on is greyed out. Can ANYONE please give me an idea what to do? 

Should I just Remove Avast altogether from the Add-ons?  That's the only Add-on that has a "remove" button.  I have only Avast Add-ons.  I just don't know how to get Avast back if I remove it.  Avast experts... please help.

REDACTED

Re: How do I get "Passwords" to work in Firefox?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 12:00:48 AM »
Never mind.  Today I re-installed Passwords, and all is working well. 

It must have been that some electrons were asleep in my computer. It really wasn't working. 

I actually liked EasyPass better, because I could keep notes on the login "cards." But this is OK and it's easy to revise them if needed.