Author Topic: REFUNDS  (Read 12928 times)

REDACTED

REFUNDS
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »
Why is avast so hard to get refunds from? They have many web pages but only one page to fill out a form and you have to patiently wait for the lazy bastard to read it and give it back to you. Call the only number you can find and its to a person in India that works for Digital River. So, avast is a ghost company that hires digital river for one task and nothing more. smart and devious. thoroughly proves, you REALLY  can't trust online companies anymore. out of country companies with out of company assistance. no US address, non english speaking people. i just want my $39.99 back nothin mo.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: REFUNDS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
You are wrong in several ways.

It is not hard to get a refund at all.
Just submit a ticket, explain why you are asking for a refund and have a little patience.
If you are entitled to a refund, you will get it.

The phone number is not from Digital River nor do those people work for Digital River.
It is just a call center that handles a limited amount of support for avast as clearly is stated at the website.

Digital River and Nexway are just two companies that handle certain financial things for avast as well as for a huge amount of other (large) trusted companies.

As only avast can see certain details (they don't share your data with others), only avast can handle refund requests.

avast sure does have a address in the US as well as in several other countries.

avast sure have English speaking people.
Let me give you a huge clue...
This webboards main language is English and people from avast (as well as others) are trying to help here.

If you have submitted a ticket, please mention the ticket number and the date you created it here and I will ask someone from avast to have a look at it.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »
Eddy,

I take it you have not tried to get a refund lately. It's purposely confusing, with intentional misdirection and misleading links and information. I spent $400.00 dollars of my billable time trying to get a refund of $19.00.

You may ask why I wanted a refund? Simple,  I paid for the product and upon installing the product and attempting to use it, I was presented with constant ads pressuring me to buy additional features. The product ran scans that required features not included in my level of the product, and it of course found issues that naturally required the afore mentioned additional features. This post purchase sales tactic is frustrating and very much the way companies from certain parts of the world do business.

Then if you try to access their so called 24/7 support line, you'll be on hold for more than an hour, the support extension will ring once, no one is actually on the phone, and after a few minutes you're asked to take a survey. Are you kidding me? A survey? Really?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:37:44 PM by folivio »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »
- You could have disabled the ads.
- You did not have to install "demo's" for other avast products.

Don't know what number you called, but the official support number is handle by a third party and you do not get a survey.
Besides that, calling it for a refund is a waste of time as they don't handle it as clearly stated on the website.
https://www.avast.com/total-support

Sending a ticket and asking for a refund takes about 10 minutes.
So you are charging 6 x $400 = $2400 per hour ?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 11:23:15 PM »
I was told today by customer service that to get a refund I must go to URL: goo.gl-2R0u5n.
I typed it exactly as instructed, paying close attention to case size, and the site does not appear to exist. Anybody know what is wrong with the link above??

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 11:51:05 PM »
I was told today by customer service that to get a refund I must go to URL: goo.gl-2R0u5n.

Contact avast support  >  https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

avast support and FAQ  >  https://support.avast.com/

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 12:36:31 AM »
What customer service did you call ?

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »
I typed it exactly as instructed, paying close attention to case size, and the site does not appear to exist. Anybody know what is wrong with the link above??

Hello!

It is "slash" instead of "dash" -> http://goo.gl/2R0u5n  ;)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 08:51:17 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/guz98ce
Also with a slash ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
I also agree they make it difficult to get a refund.  I originally had software in 2014, switched to different vendor in 2015 and now in 2016 they are claiming I had automatic renewal on.  I would like my refund now, they have a phone number for everything but billing.  I am fixin to blow up facebook and mention their deceptive practices, its like pulling teeth trying to get my refund.   I'm glad I have friends that are lawyers cause if it gets to that point, I feel confident I have evidence of a fraudulent renewal on their part and its all about the principle of it now.  Ticket 459837.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 07:33:05 PM »
You are wrong.

1]
If auto-renewal is enabled (which in your case very likely is/was), you get 3 mails telling you it is about to happen giving you enough time to disable it if you don't want it.
You can enable/disable the auto-renewal any time you like during the subscription.
You could have disabled it when getting the subscription.
If you didn't, you can only blame yourself for not doing so.

2]
It isn't hard at all to ask for a refund if you think you are entitled for it.
Just submit a ticket, provide details and ask for it.
If you are entitled for a refund, you will get it without a problem.

3]
The phone number is from a third party that handles only a very limited things for free.
For all other things you will have to pay them.
This is very clearly mentioned at the website.

I originally had software in 2014, switched to different vendor in 2015 and now in 2016 they are claiming I had automatic renewal on
As I said, it is very likely you have/had auto-renewal enabled.
Switching to another vendor does not stop the subscription you have.
You will have to do so yourself or ask avast to do it for you.
If you have a subscription to newspaper/magazine A and you start reading newspaper/magazine B, it doesn't stop the subscription on A ;)

Looking at the ticket number, it seems you submitted it today.
As the current response time at the moment is 1-2 days, I would say have a little patience.
Someone from avast will soon help you.

And for your friends the lawyers...
If they are good at their job they will all tell you that it is you who should have paid attention and that they can't help you :P

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 08:30:46 PM »
Hey fast eddy, not every sits on the laptop all day, I like to take breaks from the computer at times (insert cute tongue winkey smiley face here for effect).  I also don't check my spam folder every day to see if some knuckleheaded business is trying jam their crap product down my throat by making me have to unselect an autorenewal, which is a complete lie and fabrication in the first place that it was in autorenewal.    I used product for one year starting August 23rd, 2014 for 59.99, have paperwork. I did not use product at all in 2015, and now a charge goes to my paypal in August 13 of 2016 for 49.99?  I submitted ticket 4 days ago. and I will admit I hit one of the tiny little non-descriptive buttons on galaxy with my fat fingers and accidentally cancelled, so I had to resubmit ticket.  You cannot blame autorenewal I stopped using product in august of 2015  Funny how you guys can get on here to sarcastically defend yourself in two seconds, but getting a refund for a product I never asked for is like you finding Pikachu, maybe that will help you relate.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 08:48:44 PM »
These refund cases are usually written / posted when blood pressure is high, and solved as soon as @moroni is online ... have patience

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »
Not using the product anymore is not stopping the subscription if you have auto-renewal enabled.
If you don't use your Internet connection because you e.g. go on a holiday for a month, you still have to pay for it.

A subscription stops when it the period that you bought it for ends and auto-renewal is disabled.

Funny how you guys can get on here to sarcastically defend yourself in two seconds, but getting a refund for a product I never asked for is like you finding Pikachu, maybe that will help you relate.
We do not defend ourself nor do we have to.
We do not work for avast.
And as I said, you will get a refund if you are entitled for it without a problem.

Just have a little patience, someone from avast will soon handle your ticket.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:17 PM »
Hi

I am trying to get my subscription refunded.  The money was taken from my Paypal account 13 days before the renewal date.   I have contacted them through their website the day after the money was taken out but I have had no reply at all or received a refund.  I have cancelled the renewal permissions now on Paypal.  How long does this take?