Author Topic: Virus Alert from my ISP  (Read 2719 times)

CoJo

Virus Alert from my ISP
« on: December 04, 2003, 03:51:45 AM »
This message has been processed by the BellSouth MailGuard Anti-Virus Solution using
Symantec's Norton AntiVirus Technology.

fzyuh.exe was infected with the malicious virus W32.FunLove.4099 and has been deleted because the file cannot be cleaned.

on the top of the box it said oe removed access to the attachment.
I have it set in OE not to open any attachments. This afternoon I could not access anything and when I called my support number they said that my account was under maintenance...waited awhile then everything was all right. this notice came back after I had sent it to the ISP spam addy.

yes, techie, I am all over the place!
but I want to know if I need to be concerned...

do I not have something set correctly in Avast! so it would catch something in an attachment...or is it ignored because of my security setting?
through scan was clean.
thanks once again for any advice! cojo

techie101

Re:Virus Alert from my ISP
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 06:08:59 AM »
Cojo,

Not a problem.  Keep it up and we can give you your own forum. hahahaha

Not to worry.  Bell South Mail Guard works on messages coming into their mail server.  Apparently, the infected message was cleaned before it was downloaded to your computer (that is what a mail client like OE does).

Naturally, since you have OE set to prevent opening attachments, you received the warning that OE prevented the attachment from opening.   Sounds logical...right!

Sometimes, ISPs take down their systems without telling the users anything.  The main thing is that everything is ok now.

Avast should be fine.  Bell South Mail Guard got to the virus before Avast had a chance to scan it, so you actually have layered protection.

Rest easy.

techie