Author Topic: avaste home, scans for little then stops?  (Read 2997 times)

brahman

avaste home, scans for little then stops?
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:26:21 AM »
so i have avast home and its awsome. but when it catches a virus the while its scanning the program stopps until i tell it what to do with the virus/whatever.

how can i get avast to continue to run until the entire scan is complete and then get it to ask what i want to do with them?

on a side question, is avaste professional really alot better than home?

oh and should avaste take 5 hours for the complete scan

MFB

Re: avaste home, scans for little then stops?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:42:21 AM »
how can i get avast to continue to run until the entire scan is complete and then get it to ask what i want to do with them?

Hi there, I believe this topic covers your question.  :)

Click here

oh and should avast take 5 hours for the complete scan

It depends on like the size of your hard drive and the speed of your processor, plus the antivirus is scanning each file for every single virus in it's database (which is alot).  Did you check mark "Scan Archive" while you're scanning?

brahman

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 08:04:34 AM »
so sad, no one wants to answer my questions

mauserme

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »
Hi brahman,

so sad, no one wants to answer my questions

No need for sadness - it looks like Turkey posted a pretty good answer the same day as your original post.  Did you follow the link?  Click on the words "Click here" in the previous reply.

on a side question, is avaste professional really alot better than home?

That's sort of a personal choice.  For me, I have one pc set up as a media center and it typically connects to the internet only for program updates, etc.  That pc has the free version.

On another pc, the one I use for browsing, I like the extra protection of the pro version.  Pro gives some added script protection, easier scan scheduling, etc.

oh and should avaste take 5 hours for the complete scan

As Turkey said scan speed depends on a lot of factors.  If you are doing a thourough scan with archives 5 hours is not out of the question.  Mine are closer to 2 or 3 hours but my hard drives are not that full.  On the other hand, a standard scan without archives completes in maybe 45 minutes on my machines. 

Hope this helps.