Author Topic: # Avast 2017 Products Need BIG CHANGES!#  (Read 30855 times)

REDACTED

# Avast 2017 Products Need BIG CHANGES!#
« on: June 29, 2016, 08:09:58 PM »
# Better for Avast 2017 Edition #

1) Avast UI needs to be changed completely
2) Anti-Ransomware Protection
3) Webcam Protection
4) You guys have to optimize the performance of the product much more if you can while avast is in max settings
5) Hmmm Where is Parental Control?
6) Please make avast to have only one service to run... Eg.  AVAST Service.exe
7) Avast installation UI is Really Really BAD! You need to change it...
8) Setup Guide after Installation... Some Settings need User Configuration...
9) Make Avast Free Antivirus to work WITHOUT REGISTRATION EVERY YEAR PLEASE! MAKE THE PRODUCT TO BE "COMPKETELY" FREE! NO REGISTRATION, NO LOGIN, NOTHINK! ( Or make login optional)

Thanks! Please apply them if can on Avast 2017 Version! 😊 :)

SORRY FOR BUT ENGLISH... :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: # Avast 2017 Products Need BIG CHANGES!#
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 08:21:08 PM »
There is no avast 2017 version and as it seems there will never be one as the version naming is gonna change.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:26:26 PM »
# Better for Avast 2017 Edition #

1) Avast UI needs to be changed completely
2) Anti-Ransomware Protection
3) Webcam Protection
4) You guys have to optimize the performance of the product much more if you can while avast is in max settings
5) Hmmm Where is Parental Control?
6) Please make avast to have only one service to run... Eg.  AVAST Service.exe
7) Avast installation UI is Really Really BAD! You need to change it...
8) Setup Guide after Installation... Some Settings need User Configuration...
9) Make Avast Free Antivirus to work WITHOUT REGISTRATION EVERY YEAR PLEASE! MAKE THE PRODUCT TO BE "COMPKETELY" FREE! NO REGISTRATION, NO LOGIN, NOTHINK! ( Or make login optional)

Thanks! Please apply them if can on Avast 2017 Version! 😊 :)

SORRY FOR BUT ENGLISH... :)

1. Details please :)
2.Was confirmed to be in the works a bit ago.
3. No info available
4. Most users use defaults and there Avast is one of the fastest, you have to expect higher RAM/CPU Usage on higher settings
5. No such feature in Avast but you can block certain Websites.
6. AvastSvc.exe is the main protection, AvastrUI.exe is the interface both are needed, I dont know if its possible to merge all these services and processes.
7. See Number 1
8. Which settings exactly?
9. Some people including me already had no registration neccessary may come in the future :)
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 06:26:35 AM »
10) Enable PUP detection by default or ask user during installation. :)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM »
Also in avast 2017 could you avast staff possibly consider like maybe less ads? The ads were one of the reasons what sorta drove me away for a year.. I know i could stop the ads with the paid avast but seeing the ads daily like i did in the free version was a turn off of making me not want to purchase the paid avast products.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
Hi,

quick feedback

1)in progress
2)planned mid term
3)planned mid term
4)not really possible to have max security settings and max performance, but we work on special mode when playing games
5)not planned right now
6)why? we have just max 4 services/processes running..
7)planned short term
8)planned to do some better explanation what we do. not really a Settings wizad. Avast should work immediately when installed, wuithout any extra setting..
9)under consideration, in many countries we already cancelled the registration
10) we can't turn on PUP by default - legal reasons, but we work on different methods how to fight with PUPs

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
10) we can't turn on PUP by default - legal reasons, but we work on different methods how to fight with PUPs

Surely by asking the user during installation if they want to allow/block PUPs will stop all legal challenges since the user decides?

ESET has done this.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »
Yes that's an option, but the issue is that normal user doesn't know what is PUP ;-( Even if we tried to explain...

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
Yes that's an option, but the issue is that normal user doesn't know what is PUP ;-( Even if we tried to explain...
This will help them.http://blog.emsisoft.com/2016/06/20/potentially-unwanted-programs-pups-what-you-need-to-know/ :)
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »

Well, you can put information about it during the option selection. On the positive side, it will help with better detection since a lot of issues are with adware these days.

Something like the screenshot below to explain it.

You could even put a not sure option there which will make it disabled by default too.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:18 AM »
As Eset or Kaspersky, to have a web reputation :

Example :

Eset (ok it is old screen) :

Kaspersky :

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 04:55:51 AM »
My idea to improve avast in next major version would be, Maybe a blocked webpage thing? Like instead of the browser saying can't connect let it go to a page avast has that says something like Avast has blocked this page. I know there is a popup that lets us know about it, but do any of you others think this would be a good idea?
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 06:15:52 AM »

This. I'm an advanced user and I have PUP's disabled for real-time. I only have PUP's enabled for on-demand scans so I can dealw ih them later on if I chose so. I don't want installers to be broken or interrupted because avast! detected some toolbar in it. Same reason why it's not enabled by default for others.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 06:21:07 AM »

Well, you can put information about it during the option selection. On the positive side, it will help with better detection since a lot of issues are with adware these days.

Something like the screenshot below to explain it.

You could even put a not sure option there which will make it disabled by default too.
+1
Or you can just add a skip button for normal users.

This. I'm an advanced user and I have PUP's disabled for real-time. I only have PUP's enabled for on-demand scans so I can dealw ih them later on if I chose so. I don't want installers to be broken or interrupted because avast! detected some toolbar in it. Same reason why it's not enabled by default for others.
Avast can't turn on PUP detection by default because of legal issues.
And we are talking about asking users if they want to enable PUP detection during installation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:55:14 AM by Dragon Rider »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 02:53:31 PM »
Do that and I can guarantee you a shitstorm of complaints why avast! is messing up installers because 90% of them come with some sort of PUP attached to it (even if you ask users during install, most don't have a clue what PUP is even if you explain it to them with a book. If you want to repeatedly explain to people, then be my guest. PUP setting is already located in the main settings panel, whoever wants that and knows the complications that will inevitably bring, will also enable it by hand there.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog