Author Topic: when network issues are detected  (Read 1970 times)

REDACTED

when network issues are detected
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:24:10 AM »
When I ran a scan, AV came up with 3 or 4 errors and the only option was to fix ALL. There were some things I did not WANT to fix. The whole thing boils down to: It's all or nothing.

I just installed AV for the first time in many years, so have patience with me :)

Am I missing something? Or is it really ALL or nothing?

thanks

edit: Also it seems like AV would give you more information than (something like) Network errors.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:29:52 AM by exsquisitus »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: when network issues are detected
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
What Scan was it that you were doing ?
Can you open the scan Log for that scan and capture the file names and location of those files with errors.
AvastUI > Scan > Scan for viruses - scroll down to - Scan History.

Ordinarily I would have thought that the Fix All option would be reserved for malware detections.
The exception being a Smart Scan which may try to resolve network issues, but your post doesn't give enough detail to be sure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: when network issues are detected
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:23:47 PM »
Any special reason on why you don't want to fix things and what are those "things" ?