Author Topic: Windows 10 unable to start after last Avast IS program update  (Read 2353 times)

Offline zukovski

Chain of events:
1) Normal Windows 10 start-up. 2) Avast IS pop-up informing new program version and need to restart PC. 3) Windows closes but PC fails to go off. 4) I waited some minutes after all HD activity stopped and pressed shut-down button. 5) Starting PC, BLUE SCREEN, shows Windows recovery procedures, followed by PC diagnostic and message of inability to initialize. 6] Several attempts of step 5 to no avail. 7) Attempt to proceed to Windows and to close and restart as in first and third options of screenshot 1068c, unsuccessful. 8] Attempt of Advanced Options in screenshot 1069c: System Restore, Initialization Repair and Command Prompt, the last one to run avastclear.exe from a pendrive, all followed by start-up attempts, all unsuccessful.

Current situation: Windows 10 remains UNABLE TO INITIALIZE.

Environment: Desktop Intel Motherboard, Intel Duo processor, Windows 10 Pro fully updated. (Details not available for obvious reasons)
zukovski

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline zukovski

Re: Windows 10 unable to start after last Avast IS program update
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Thanks for your interest. I read the article you suggested and I wonder if it concerns my current condition, that is, there is no Windows operating system running, since it can't even start. May be you can help me some steps further:
-does the suggeted tool run on DOS after a pen-drive?
-does it aplly to Avast IS as well?
-since according to Windows(?) blue screen diagnostic initialization performs in such  incorrect way as to prevent start-up, does Avast Support Tool address this issue?
Thanks again. 
zukovski

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 09:49:38 AM »
Before we dig deeper, can you still boot into safe mode..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline zukovski

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 06:57:43 PM »
Unfortunately... nope. Through DOS I managed to get to the initialization menu with F8 but safe mode option doesn't start, it goes to the same blue screen and options described in the initial post.
Thanks.
zukovski

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 07:20:12 PM »
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Scroll down to "If you cannot  Boot the computer" and follow the instructions.