Author Topic: Avast anti-theft doesn't run after restart  (Read 1984 times)

REDACTED

Avast anti-theft doesn't run after restart
« on: July 04, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
Hi,

I installed avast anti-theft and completed the installation without skipping any step. I manually gave the app administrator permissions and set it up to run at startup. I can control it from the web interface and start it by dialing my pin.
However, after the reboot the app doesn't seem to run. I can see it in the apps list but when I dial my pin or try to launch it from the web interface it doesn't work (the dialer tries to dial the pin as it would be a phone number).

My phone is Huawei Mate 8,
my android version is 6.0 (not rooted)

Can you point me in the right direction, am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks

Offline hermansky

• Avast team
  • Product Manager - VPNs
Re: Avast anti-theft doesn't run after restart
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »
Hi Calin,
Huawei phones sometimes preventing certain apps to load on startup. Please check whether in "Startup manager" (http://www.isunshare.com/android/how-to-control-startup-apps-on-huawei-android.html) is Anti-Theft permitted.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
Thanks for your reply :)

The howto you provided seems to be a bit outdated. I don't have 'startup manager' in my settings page. However, I do have "permission manager" which gives me access to "app auto-launch". I guess its the same thing under a different menu.
I already did setup anti-theft to auto-start but this doesn't seem to work. I also gave it full permissions ("trust this app") with no visible effect.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »
the app is stopped after the reboot, I checked this ...