Author Topic: Duplicate host records for computers  (Read 4245 times)

REDACTED

Duplicate host records for computers
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:13 PM »
I have an issue where the same computer got a re-install command issued during the deployment phase of making Avast our new AV product.  There might be 10-20 unique installation records.  Some of these cause conflict where the older ID's have "not been seen on the network in XX days" so are therefore At Risk or In Danger even though they really aren't.

Is there a way to clean up the duplicate records? 

REDACTED

Re: Duplicate host records for computers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:50:29 PM »
I am having a similar issue.

I have a network of ~150 computers that are running activated versions of Avast for Business version 12.1.2512. As of yesterday, my online management console is showing 8,351 computers on the network. All the duplicate results are clones of computers that are running Faronics DeepFreeze clients. They seem to re-add themselves to the management console every time they restart. I have tried running avastclear and reinstalling on all of the computers and is not stopping the cloning process. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

Re: Duplicate host records for computers
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 08:52:06 PM »
May I suggest to Avast this option:  having a separate "Remove" and "Remove/Uninstall" options on the web console so we can clear the duplicate record without uninstalling/reinstalling?

Thanks.