Author Topic: Charged for product not ordered  (Read 2050 times)

REDACTED

Charged for product not ordered
« on: March 02, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
I have used the free AVAST version for some time.  About 2 ms ago I was thinking about ordering an upgrade, but never completed the purchase!!  Went for Bitdefender instead since it had better ratings.  Yesterday (Mar 1, 2017) I had the amount of $32.72 deducted from my bank account with the following info:  PURCHASE AUTHORIZED DRI AVAST SOFTWARE avast.com/ord MN S587059674823819 (no phone number given to call).  AVAST has been taken out of my computer two months ago since I installed the other anti-virus program.  I need to communicate with someone at AVAST to straighten this out & get reimbursement. 

IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM ME -  I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT!  My husband just came home & informed me that he ordered the AVAST upgrade for his computer.  He likes AVAST and didn't want another company.  So very sorry - my apologies to AVAST for jumping to wrong conclusions!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:16:28 AM by jzmg3 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Charged for product not ordered
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:53:54 PM »
Contact avast  >>  https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

Ticket system is a first in / first out system so be patient, if you create a new you are put back in line

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:55:54 PM by Pondus »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:57:53 PM »
I'd also suggest you remove your email unless you want spammers to harvest it :o

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
If you only have used the free version(s), avast can't even charge you as they don't even have the info needed to charge you.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:12:23 AM »
My deepest apologies to AVAST -  my husband just came home and informed me he wanted the upgrade in his office computer!   I feel like such an idiot. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 12:14:10 AM »
Is he still your husband ? ;D