Author Topic: Avast Business Password Protect Uninstallation  (Read 3595 times)

REDACTED

Avast Business Password Protect Uninstallation
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:30:48 PM »
I have a rebellious user that insists he doesn't need antivirus.  Every time I install Avast, he uninstalls it.  I'm using the free Avast Business product.  Is there any way to setup a password that would prevent users from uninstalling the client software? 

Thanks!

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Password Protect Uninstallation
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:09:25 PM »
I have a rebellious user that insists he doesn't need antivirus.  Every time I install Avast, he uninstalls it.  I'm using the free Avast Business product.  Is there any way to setup a password that would prevent users from uninstalling the client software? 

Thanks!

jrodch,

Are you using the AES version or the Cloud version of the software?

Using the cloud, you can modify the advanced options of any policy, and by enabling password protection on the field below, it will prompt the user for a password when they try to initiate uninstallation.

If you are using the AES version, I believe that there is a similar method for password protecting this behavior, but it's more granular so you may have to trial & error a few configurations.

-DFox

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Password Protect Uninstallation
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:07:24 AM »
If you are running a business, then this is better handled through business policies rather than through technical means. If an employee violates company policy, you issue demerits, you dock their pay, and then you fire them and hire someone else who is willing to follow the rules.

However, if they happen to be the company vice president, there's not much you can do except document your warnings and make sure your concerns are known to others when the SHTF due to this person's actions.