Author Topic: how i can uninstall Avast SafeZone Browser  (Read 46941 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: how i can uninstall Avast SafeZone Browser
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 01:45:24 AM »
what are you going to add next?
Only avast can tell ofcourse.
But I do know avast is working on something to prevent systems from getting victim to crypto malware.

I sure hope they get it to work/introduce it soon.
I also hope it will be (just as the SafeZone Browser) a free component for everyone.

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 08:20:30 AM »
I used AVAST for 2 years and have had no problems. Then I decided to pay a year's subscription.
I find myself a web browser that no one demanded that as messed up my computer.
The question is why if I pay for an anti virus I have to change web browser, with one that does not work according to my opinion.
So I decided to uninstall AVAST but I lost money.
Thanks mr. onebrain

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 06:51:32 AM »
Yup. Uninstalling avast entirely. On this computer and my four other ones. Removing it from my family's computers and going to recommend my friends remove it.

I specifically set it to only have the file system shield and update virus definitions as well as only installed the antivirus component of the software. Suddenly there's a new icon on my desktop.

This is a new low. At least with other programs you get a check box for the "additional features" when you install or update and you don't have to worry about it suddenly deciding you need some more junk installed.

It's such a shame. Before this you could install it, disable the browser add-ons, disable the annoying sounds, and never have to worry about a thing.

Offline albehery

install without my permission
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »
avast asked me to update the program , after that , i found that the browser was installed without my permission , now i uninstalled it , i don't like what happened    >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:( 😡😡😡😡😡

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 01:03:18 PM »
The issue has been fixed in build 2261.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline albehery

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »
and now after i removed it from the control panel , it still in my drive taking 180 mb , C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline albehery

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
any one answer me , how to remove files in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser , i've uninstalled it from control panel and the files still there

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 02:21:44 PM »
any one answer me , how to remove files in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser , i've uninstalled it from control panel and the files still there

From Reply #18
Quote from: DavidR
the avast self-defence module would I guess be trying to protect avast entries, etc. (avastUI settings > troubleshooting > Enable Avast self-defence module).

Expanding on this having disabled the Avast self-defence module, you should be able to remove the SZBrowser folder and its contents.

Don't forget to Enable Avast self-defence module after you have removed the folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »
This is just to notify that SafeZone Browser was installed automatically as a part of auto-updates, it was the first thing I noticed this morning.

Thanks for the steps, I've uninstalled it now.
I frigging hate chrome and it's replicas.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 07:47:05 AM »
It has nothing to do with Chrome.
The only thing they have in common are the engine that is used.

Offline WK_schnarfl

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »
Yes, Mr or Ms Pinkmushroom, I agree that Avast made a booboo when it released the SafeZone Browser
without information, without instructions, without making clear how to remove it, and really without testing it sufficiently before release.  Doing so is "mean Microsoft inspired behavior" and not decent at all.

I still don't know how to remove it, because leaving the SZ Browser box unchecked when I try to either repair or change or update the "Avast Internet Security" program in the "Control Panel - Programs and Features - Uninstall or Change a program - area, does NOT uninstall the SZ Brower (I am a grandpa using Win 7 Dell desktop)

Now, I fully understand that every moderator and evangelist has no connection and/or influence on the
company that makes the software, and in fact, it seems that the primary function of a forum is to act as some sort of bullet-proof vest, so as to prevent any customer input from reaching the company altogether. Sorry, I should have put a road sign up "Cynic View next 2 miles".

It would be nice if evangelists were equipped with some kind of "banana-cream-pie-catapult" with which to send "clear cut messages" in the general direction of the management (Vincent Steckler) of Avast software s.r.o in Prague, Czech Republic.  But that is likely too much to ask.

It's a sad pattern.  Norton Antivirus was good once, then Symantec took it over, and boink.  ZoneAlarm was very good for a while, then kaboom, I don't know what happened, the top person with "brain and soul" must have left, and was a replaced with one who had neither.  Same with GoBack, a nifty piece of software, but it was bought out, only to crash and become useless and incompatible.  Another detectable pattern is that any software, once it gets revamped to work on a smart-phone, becomes more often than
not featureless and opaque for the desktop user.  I don't know whether smart phones make people stupid, or people make smart-phone software stupid, but the result is the same.  No hope for anyone, and you are lucky if you don't starve. Thank you for your support, and please don't bother to respond.

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
Not happy at all.
Spent over 5 hours Googling this on FF as Chrome kept giving me errors.

Yes, I did a custom installation. It should have never installed.

Uninstalled Avast products

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »
I am absolutely FURIOUS FURIOUS FURIOUS beyond belief with AVAST right now. I have lost so much trust in them.

I had ALWAYS had avast set to MANUAL update, however today it took it upon itself to f***ing update automatically, and not only that it rebooted my pc automatically while I was not at my pc, I lost work as a result of it. I am so so furious with this.

NOT ONLY THAT... but it TOOK IT UPON ITSELF to install "Avast SafeZone Browser" without any permission whatsoever from myself

So I consider this three breeches of trust in a row, not only did you disregard my "MANUAL UPDATE" settings that I am very very careful to set and maintain but you then cheekily RE-booted my pc,  with absolutely no permission whatsoever, and last but not least installing mystery software without my permission that had not been vetted my myself.

To make matters worse, I can't seem to be able to get rid of this "Avast SafeZone Browser" at all. I'm not sure how easy or hard this is to uninstall on windows 7 or indeed 10, I am using windows 8 and there is MOST CERTAINLY no Avast icon, or anything whatsoever pertaining to Avast within my control panel, (and yes I have all icons set to show).

This is shocking.. and I am beyond fury with what happened AND the fact you have made is "cunningly" not as straight forward to un-install as it should be, at least for windows 8 users.

A sting of consecutive bad moves on avast's part has degraded my trust in them so much I am at the point of abandoning my long-term loyalty toward them and seeking out something a little more honest and less intrusive.

Right now I need to know 2 things.

Why did avast ignore my manual update settings
and
How do I as quickly as possible purge this "Avast SafeZone Browser" existence off my system permanently.

with regards

tma

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 07:39:36 AM »
How do I as quickly as possible purge this "Avast SafeZone Browser" existence off my system permanently.
-> https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB96#artTitle
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 10:19:21 PM »
This certainly marks a new low for Avast. How you fanbois can even say 'Oh, but it is in the license so you did agree' is well beyond me lol