Author Topic: portal incorrectly flags AVAST FREE MOBILE SECURITY as installed & unconfigured?  (Read 3149 times)

REDACTED

I have Avast AntiTheft installed on my Android phone.

In my.avast.com, my device shows up, ant the AntiTheft function are accessible & working.

But, it also displays a 'red shield' icon, and says:

"You are unprotected.  Shields are turned off.  Antivirus is installled but currently disabled.  You can turn it on  in the Avast settings on your phone"

and displays that  AVAST FREE  MOBILE SECURITY is also installed.

Problem is, I don't have it installed.  It is not on my device.  It was once, but I uninstalled it awhile ago.

How do I fix this ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Are they in two different entries (devices) ?

If so and you have removed AMS from your device, can you not delete that entry from the my.avast.com account ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

> Are they in two different entries (devices) ?

No, one device.

> If so and you have removed AMS from your device, can you not delete that entry from the my.avast.com account ?

That's correct.  I HAVE removed AMS from the device.  it STILL has Avast AntiTheft installed.

There is NO option to 'delete' AMS from the my.avast.com portal/account.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The my.avast.com account only allows for the deletion of a device (as far as I'm aware), not deletion of a module if more than one is recorded for that device.

I have never used the anti-theft protection as my phone/s haven't been rooted, so I haven't any personal experience of this.

Hopefully one of the AMS/Anti-theft team can contribute. That said they may only be monitoring the Avast Mobile Products forum and its sub-forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

> That said they may only be monitoring the forum and its sub-forums.

Thx.

cross-posted there

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=188406.0

until I hear otherwise

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
OK - I have used the report to moderator function for that topic to try and draw some attention to it.