Author Topic: portal incorrectly flags AVAST FREE MOBILE SECURITY as installed & unconfigured?  (Read 2702 times)

REDACTED

This is a cross-post, until someone tells me to do otherwise:

Hopefully one of the AMS/Anti-theft team can contribute. That said they may only be monitoring the Avast Mobile Products forum and its sub-forums.

I have Avast AntiTheft installed on my Android phone.

In my.avast.com, my device shows up, ant the AntiTheft function are accessible & working.

But, it also displays a 'red shield' icon, and says:

"You are unprotected.  Shields are turned off.  Antivirus is installled but currently disabled.  You can turn it on  in the Avast settings on your phone"

and displays that  AVAST FREE  MOBILE SECURITY is also installed.

Problem is, I don't have it installed.  It is not on my device.  It was once, but I uninstalled it awhile ago.

How do I fix this ?

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Hi,

I contacted the my.avast.com team, so they should be in touch.

Ondra

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Uninstalling AMS will not remove it from your account.
You need to remove the device after AMS is uninstalled and attach the device again.
Did you try this ?

REDACTED

Uninstalling AMS will not remove it from your account.
You need to remove the device after AMS is uninstalled and attach the device again.
Did you try this ?

That works, but is not sufficient.

AMS is already uninstalled on the device.

Removing the device from the portal's account leaves you needing to reinstall the device, re-registering it from the device.

That does not work.  There's no method to RE-registered once the app is installed.  You have to also DELETE the app, then reinstall it.

That allows you to re-create the device registration on the account, but in doing so you lose ALL your data for that device -- on the portal, and on the device.

Sure, it works.  But that's a really lousy way to have to manage a 'change'.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:18:42 PM by Richard143 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
I agree this solution/workaround doesn't deserve a beauty price, but it is all we got for now.
The problem is that it seems not be possible that (unlike a Windows application) if you remove a application from a Android device it automatically will be removed from your account.
That is what avast told a while ago.

To me it seems not hard to do.
Click on the "remove button" in a application.
Ask for a confirmation.
If confirmed, connect to the account and remove the application from it.
Remove the application.
But that is just me logical thinking ;)

As for the wrong status of AMS and/or AT in the account, that is something avast has been working on for many months and still haven't solved. :(

Offline tomas.tunkl

• Avast team
Hi, I am from my.avast.com team. Do you still have the problem? Can you send me the username on which you have the problem? Thank you.

REDACTED

>  Do you still have the problem?

No, because I deleted everything from the portal and my phone, losing all my data on both, and then reinstalled ONLY the AntiTheft module.

At the moment the portal only shows the AntiTheft module.

I wasn't planning to try again, reinstall AMS and repeat the process of losing everything until after I heard that this

>  that is something avast has been working on for many months and still haven't solved.

was fixed.

It's a concern to me that the primary function of this system is to track, monitor & control  the state of my phone, but that it can't apparently do that correctly.