Author Topic: NEW to a cleanup tool  (Read 3526 times)

REDACTED

NEW to a cleanup tool
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:57:35 PM »
I have never used a Pc clean up tool before as i have always been weary of scams on the net. I do have a licence Avast avg. I have only ever used avast internet Security and would never consider changing as have always worked best for me. So this Software ''Avast cleanup'' IS it worth me getting? Always a good thing to have worry free on the computer And if this can make the performance of my pc a little better and also remove unwanted issues then yes. I would appreciate any advice you folks could give me in is this worth me getting.
Thank you.

REDACTED

Re: NEW to a cleanup tool
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:06:27 PM »
It seems poor form that Avast has not been able to answer this question. I have the same question about the value of this product for newer versions of Windows. I have used in on Windows XP and it seemed to improve performance some.

I am also confused about what they actually provide, now that they say it is bundled with their regular subscription, but then Cleanup is not listed under the items provided with each subscription. Confusing!

-Aaron

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:21:33 PM »
The only one that can answer the question if it is worth to buy is you.

Fact is that tools like that do nothing that you can't already do manually.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB211

Offline reecebourne73

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:29:25 PM »
What would of been more appropriate from someone who actually Works! @Avast  Was a response that actually gave us some good advice. Your response is Try it out for yourself? That's all well But some Reviews! maybe from yourselves or users who have purchased it would of been nice so we could at-least See for ourselves that the product works and is worth us buying it.
Feel rather annoyed by your ''Professional'' response is you don't know so just buy it and try for yourselves.
Have to say that's a really great selling technique And i am convinced to buy it. That's now further from the truth.
I came here for a little help in choosing this product. Now i leave even more unconvinced. Thanks allot!
  >:(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »
Ofcourse avast will say it is worth to buy.
They are a commercial company and are trying to let you buy things.

You are asking if it is worth to buy.
Fact is that only you can answer that question.

As I said, such tools do nothing that you can't do already yourself.
Is it worth hiring someone to paint your house if you can do it yourself just as well ?