Author Topic: Cloud Console 2.6 - new version  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
Cloud Console 2.6 - new version
« on: July 27, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »
Hi all,

another version of the AfB console has been just released. We welcome any feedback from you.

From now ability to install and manage AV on servers is included only in one of the paid AV tiers. (Existing customers who are using Free edition and already have AV installed on server are not affected by this restriction).

What's new
  • Device state "At Risk" has been renamed to "Vulnerable".
  • List of items within the Status filter at the Device List contains all possible statuses. The "Activated devices" filter aggregates statuses Safe/Vulnerable/In Danger.
  • Ability to copy the entire path of a quarantined file into the clipboard.
  • Information about a new version of the Console will be displayed to every user once new version will be released.
  • Action "Delete" on the device list has been renamed to "Remove and uninstall" which better reflects what happens after you press the button.
  • Clear description of options related to the Antivirus Password protection.
  • In case the Boot-Time scan failed with an error, the error code is replaced by clear description of a problem.
  • Free Antivirus tier does not allow to control and manage antivirus instaled on a server. (Ability to control Antivirus on server is only allowed for paid tiers).

What has been fixed
  • Fixed problem with displaying wrong information at the detail of a restart task.
  • Fixed problem with displaying html entities instead of letters at the "Threat Detection Statistics" widget.
  • Fixed problem with not working the "Add" button at Settings of the Sandbox --> Virtualized processes.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

REDACTED

Re: Cloud Console 2.6 - new version
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
Thanks for the update.

One question: so if I uninstall the afb free from my windows server I can't reinstall it again?

Thank you very much,
KZS

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »
  • Free Antivirus tier does not allow to control and manage antivirus instaled on a server. (Ability to control Antivirus on server is only allowed for paid tiers).

I agree, some clarification of what this means sounds important.  Currently everything in the console seems to still be available except for the ability to download an .MSI installer, which for me is not an issue.  But if the .EXE installer no longer allows install to server, that's a deal-breaker for me. 

https://www.avast.com/en-au/avast-for-business
also says "Antivirus and anti-malware for file servers" is not available on the Basic plan, and I'm sure it used to be.

A very quiet but important change in Avast's strategy to get more paid subscribers?  I guess the free ride is over for Basic plan users :)

@KZS Maybe an old (working) installer will work until Avast decide to lock out existing servers from updates!

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 10:42:15 AM »
A very quiet but important change in Avast's strategy to get more paid subscribers?
Yep, it seems so...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
Hi, this change affects ONLY those existing customers who have 0 protected servers within their AfB account. Those customers who have at least one server protected will be able to install AV even on additional servers.

For all newly registered customers, Free version offers AV protection only for workstations.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 08:38:56 AM »
Thanks for the info Martin.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0