Author Topic: Microsoft Windows ... Vienna ?  (Read 6083 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Microsoft Windows ... Vienna ?
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:54:06 PM »
 ;D Seems it will be released after Vista...  ;D

http://www.windowsvienna.com/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Microsoft Windows ... Vienna ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
If Vista ever makes it to release ;D
There are times when I wish MS would concentrate their efforts in finishing the next release without worrying about the name of the one following that.
I guess Vienna will have all the bits that have been dropped from Vista because they wouldn't be ready for Vista ;D

We will have to be carefull not to confuse this with the AMD processor Venice core :D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Staind

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:49:03 PM »
The most noticeable change I think is the WinFS file system.  I read this article yesterday and was considering posting it but I realized someone else would beat me to it :)

Offline Chuck58

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
I think I'll stick with XP. When they start naming future releases before they even get the next future release out, it makes me wonder if the next release, Vista, isn't just a temporary thing, like Windows ME which I fortunately did not purchase.

I also noticed they already have a security fix out for Vista beta.
Home, vehicle, and person protected by Smith and Wesson.

Staind

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 05:49:46 PM »
Chuck, Vista will definitely not be an "ME".  This is the longest release waiting time (between versions) of windows, I think Vienna will be out in 2010.

watchthisspace

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 01:44:55 PM »
And I believe that Vienna is the new name for Windows Blackcomb, which was going to be after Vista.