Author Topic: Avast let the OSX be slow  (Read 2960 times)

REDACTED

Avast let the OSX be slow
« on: July 22, 2016, 04:25:24 AM »
Hi,
    Thanks avast first. I like it.
    @OSX 10.11 EI
    @AVAST 11.15(46727)

I have some question need your help.
#Question 1 :
I run “System Preference” 、 "Microsoft Office / word / excel “  all be slow to run  . It happens at  I reboot the osx and start it .
For example:  OSX “System Preference”
AVAST Disable:After I reboot the osx . Run “System Preference” , It just need One second to jump in the DOCK and then it  running. ("System Preference "Jump one times In DOCK)
AVAST Enable:After I reboot the osx . Run “System Preference” , It  needed several seconds to jump in the DOCK  and then it  running.. ("System Preference "Jump five or seven times In DOCK)

How to make them running noraml . I have tried to Make a Excluded Paths  For some APP .  But it doesn’t work.

#Question 2:
 In AVAST ’s  Tools.  Avast Online Security show “Active" and it is gray .
But  I can not see the any AVAST Plugin In safari .  I think  It is not working . How to make it noraml   or How to deactive ?  (It is “Gray” ,can not be press  now ).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:29:43 AM by genyusing »

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast let the OSX be slow
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »
#Question 1 :
I run “System Preference” 、 "Microsoft Office / word / excel “  all be slow to run  . It happens at  I reboot the osx and start it .
For example:  OSX “System Preference”
AVAST Disable:After I reboot the osx . Run “System Preference” , It just need One second to jump in the DOCK and then it  running. ("System Preference "Jump one times In DOCK)
AVAST Enable:After I reboot the osx . Run “System Preference” , It  needed several seconds to jump in the DOCK  and then it  running.. ("System Preference "Jump five or seven times In DOCK)

How to make them running noraml . I have tried to Make a Excluded Paths  For some APP .  But it doesn’t work.

We will have a look if we can reproduce the slowdown with MS Office/System preferences on our systems.

#Question 2:
 In AVAST ’s  Tools.  Avast Online Security show “Active" and it is gray .
But  I can not see the any AVAST Plugin In safari .  I think  It is not working . How to make it noraml   or How to deactive ?  (It is “Gray” ,can not be press  now ).

The browser extensions do not work with all browser versions. Especially the Safari version is quiet limited in what versions are supported. If the button is greyed out, then the extensions can not be installed to any of your installed browsers.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:14:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
I hope avast team can fix it .

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:05:18 PM »
Hello.
Not only Reboot .
If AVAST Enabled .  Every once in a while ,  “System Preference" will slow to run.   Jump in dock for several times .
I often need to use “System Preference" , which makes me very troubled.