Author Topic: Avast! & Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.9 update for Windows 2000, for W  (Read 3908 times)

REDACTED

Avast! & Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.9 update for Windows 2000, for Windows XP, for Windows Server 2003, for Windows Vista, and for Windows Server 2008 (kb970158).

On this rag-computer I use since year and day Avast Free. Like I suggest my clients if they can't make a choice and, of course, if they don't want to pay. ;-)

Last Tuesday Microsoft had updated the Windows, then I had to do the rest. Avast!, first definition updates. Then there appears still to be a program update, approximately v.11 to v.12.

I installed, and then suddenly I'm happy with my old rag computer because one update does not fire just past:

Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.9 update for Windows 2000, for Windows XP, for Windows Server 2003, for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008( https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/kb/970158 )

Which is from 2011.

What does this Driver Kit suddenly do in Avast!?!?!? Why???

I asked Google, and still found no answer.I just want to know WHY Avast! this framework Driver Kit integrates. Nothing more.

I myself in my younger years toyed with driver kits, provided by Microsoft, but it was above and beyond me.

Meanwhile, I looked up the Avast! forum, and there through the search engine (ie Avast!), I found 3 (three) ENTRIES (INPUTS), 1 explaining the driver kit, what I already knew.

Why integrates Avast! this Driver Kit?

C ++, VB, understandable. To present a slick interface ...

But a Kernel Mode Driver?

Just a fantasy: A driver is corrupted. Avast! pulls it apart, eliminating corruption, and put the driver back together...

You picture it? .

Ilja. _\\//

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
avast is using that driver for a long time.
It just makes sure it is installed as it is needed for avast to work properly.