Author Topic: Is there a way to tell if Avast is interfering or messing up my online gaming?  (Read 1218 times)

REDACTED

Recently I've had some big issues that came out of nowhere with ALL of the games I play that require an online connection / service to a server - from Wednesday evening to even right now my games seem to "lag" heavily, resulting in the games freezing for a few seconds before catching back up to real time.

And what is odd about the situation is that these issues just came out of nowhere, and everything I have done so far seems to have no effect on fixing it - I've checked multiple times for viruses with deep scans, I've disabled Avasts's web shields, I've placed the game in exclusions so as to prevent Avast from interfering with them, and I've been messing with Windows Firewall as well.

I've asked for help before and the people I went to said it might be a case of Avast (or some other security software) messing with everything by scanning every single game packet that is coming in, but I don't know how to check if thats truly the case or what to do to fix the issue if thats the case.

Does anyone happen to have any idea or instructions as to what to do?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
- Which Avast..? (Free/Pro/IS/Premier)
- Which version..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0