Author Topic: Cannot delete old device  (Read 12465 times)

REDACTED

Re: Cannot delete old device
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 07:20:49 AM »
Problem is not just paired devices, it is all devices that have lost their OS and needed complete new installs (Avast treats them as new devices).  The problem is regardless of whether accessing via the App or the online website, the Settings button does not work for dead (and missing devices).  Those that were never paired show as unable to access remotely, but even the others show as active but the devices in my case no longer even exist (as Windows OS had to be re-installed 3 times from scratch on three new hard drives in just three years).

It was mentioned this should be fixed in a futured release, what is the ETA?

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »
Is there any fix YET to deleting OLD (unknown) devices from the dashboard (free version)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »
See reply #1

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 07:32:34 PM »
See reply #1
As others have replied, the solution you refer to is NOT correct. That solution only works on an active account. The question if you look more closely is related to "unknown" devices that do not have "delete" device available. Please advise if you happen to know a fix.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 11:43:20 PM »
i have a purchased licence and when i click on devices it shows the same phone with communication over a week ago and i uninstalled then installed agin so it sho3s the same phonetwice but with free licence and when i click on my licenses it shows old phones and wont let me upgrade my new phones to premium

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 11:51:29 PM »
1]
Note that this thread has been dead for about 1.5 years.

2]
There is no premium version of AMS for about 8 months.

3]
If you want support, please start your own thread in the correct forum and provide details.