Author Topic: BRAND NEW VERSION: 12.2.2276  (Read 121440 times)

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
Re: BRAND NEW VERSION: 12.2.2276
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 12:02:35 AM »
And the opening of interface all by itself was NOT fixed. It just opned up and stole focus from a game. NOT COOL!  >:(
Yes, you are right, the real root cause of this bug was discovered quite late, so we decided to fix it via emergency update, which is already prepared an currently being tested. It is going to be released first thing in the morning. The reason why we couldn't postpone this release is the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Sorry about that.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 12:03:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about SafePrice.......thought Avast Marketing guys had gotten out of those nasty habits.  :-[

I have suggestion for Avast icon on system tray.
The symbol/logo needs to be "GREEN" if all OK, "ORANGE" if pending message and "RED" if urgent issue.
Avast also needs to return the mouse over dialog of database #/date......YES, I know it is buried within and if you are streaming all OK.
My suggestions above are for better typical user experience.

Give you some examples.........I don't go to every PC every day.....so some of the popups I may never see.
I have all Avast set to manual program update but notify me (I don't trust Avast anymore on their silent sneak ware pushes)....I assume that means some popup to tell me.
In my case and others you have to open Avast to find out details.
A simple green icon with mouse over re-affirming database ver/date is quick way to communicate.
An orange icon means I should open to see message.....example, there is new program update or my database is over week old......good simple alert system.
Red of course I tink you may have with the "X" and all......
....point of above is simple thing like this I think would make most of the millions of users feel more confident without the need to extra work/monitoring.

Just a suggestion..........

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:08:15 AM by thekochs »

Offline petr.chytil

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 12:23:44 AM »
Regarding SafePrice.
By introducing more components in the setup and new options in the Settings > Components menu, we are trying to make it easier for our users to choose which components they want to use.
For example with SafePrice plugin, user had to look for it in each browser's settings. In this new version, by deselecting the SafePrice component in setup, plugin is immediately uninstalled from all browsers.
It is unfortunate you had to remove it once again. However, from now on, it should be much easier to control what is installed and what is not.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 12:29:38 AM »
Can you explain the new settings for CyberCapture? Help file still mentions DeepScreen and none of CC features or CC itself...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »
Security center cant find Avast....

Edit: I realised that probably wasn´t helpful, I am running a pretty old rig atm, vista 32.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:45:53 AM by ezekiels »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 12:33:59 AM »
Regarding SafePrice.
By introducing more components in the setup and new options in the Settings > Components menu, we are trying to make it easier for our users to choose which components they want to use.
For example with SafePrice plugin, user had to look for it in each browser's settings. In this new version, by deselecting the SafePrice component in setup, plugin is immediately uninstalled from all browsers.
It is unfortunate you had to remove it once again. However, from now on, it should be much easier to control what is installed and what is not.

It is a shame that the user has to go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast > Uninstall/Change just to remove a component.

I had thought that this new Components feature within the avastUI > Settings the user would be able to uninstall the component, not just disable it. So now it seems a bit redundant, not to mention there are no options for both browser extensions in the Components feature within the avastUI.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 02:25:20 AM »
Regarding SafePrice.

Thx for explanation but the user should be able to go into Custom during install and select only items they want and not have "silent" items installed only to have to go into Add/Remove Programs Uninstall/Change.  These "selections" should also be adhered to when someone does a over-top update......shouldn't be a sneaky install of new item. 
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189138.msg1327645#msg1327645

What angers me is the attempt to assume the install is wanted and then force the user to do a uninstall.  Mostly for me it is not whether I want a "feature" or not but whether "when" I feel comfortable that the "feature" doesn't cause more problems than it is worth.  A forced install, with uninstall by user, presumes the software is solid for each user.....which for a lot of the utils they are not.  I personally do EXTENSIVE research on any piece of software before I put it on any PC.  To me these actions by Avast (a security company) mean you disregard the integrity of someones machine for the sake of pushware.  I get it if you were some Chinese company pushing some free util and the user is then tricked into getting Malware/etc....but Avast is a top tier "security" company.  Don't get me wrong, your efforts to try to make it easier for components to be IDed in new section is good step......but as the many threads on this subject of silent installs have stated......the main contract Avast has with its user community is "trust"....items like this break that trust.  Petr as "Quality Assurance Director" I would think it is your job to make sure these type of underhanded marketing efforts do not jeopardize the "quality" of the Avast name.  It truly disappoints me to see these type actions again.....thought we were past this.  :-[ 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:39:06 AM by thekochs »

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 02:54:00 AM »
I just deleted all my passwords. SafeZone WAS my default browser but changing after I finish this. When signing on to my laptop, I was automatically updated with Avast New Version. I already was using Avast anti-virus pro and Safezone w/Passwords. The problem is in PASSWORDS. I went from status good to average  in passwords and ALL my passwords changed to reused from most being strong. Trying to add back one of the websites I just deleted, it displayed reused. I worked hard on updating most of my passwords the last couple months with most being different and unique. Now I feel there has been some sort of leak with conflicting and contradicting information shown. Have my passwords been compromised? Is this a ploy to get me to purchase an upgrade by using the Improve link in the Password icon? Either makes me go from loving Avast SafeZone to despising this fox in the hen house approach.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 03:15:50 AM »
AOS BETAin AIS Stable version?Pls fixed this Avast!.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:24:38 AM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 06:55:38 AM »
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline petr.chytil

• Avast team
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 10:00:39 AM »
Are you in Beta or Release channel?
Version number is the same in both channels, but in beta channel, there is a "BETA" sign on the UI main screen - next to the Avast logo and product name.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 10:23:33 AM »
Are you in Beta or Release channel?
Version number is the same in both channels, but in beta channel, there is a "BETA" sign on the UI main screen - next to the Avast logo and product name.
No.I am in Stable release channel for sure.I clean installed it today.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 10:26:32 AM »
I had to follow the update with an installation change to remove Safeprice.  >:(

Yes, the same just happened to me with the latest update. Firefox flagged up the request to install safeprice, I noted the location and tried to delete the folder. Windows tells me I do not have permission to delete these files!

It's my computer which has been invaded by Avast but I'm not permitted to remedy it!

This is the very definition of malware.

Offline Shaun985

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
I'm getting a really annoying problem that was mentioned in the beta thread for 12.2.2276, the main Avast window / GUI randomly pops up throughout the day for no reason (as if I'm clicking the tray icon or something).  Clean install of 12.2.2276 on Windows 10 Home 64bit and have already had it happen 3 times over 8 hours.  Can we please get a fix for this soon??

Offline Shaun985

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »
Can you explain the new settings for CyberCapture? Help file still mentions DeepScreen and none of CC features or CC itself...

Would like to know this too.